Author Topic: Playable provoke script needed  (Read 2647 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Playable provoke script needed
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »
Heya,

It's been a long time since I created a provo bard, thankfully I already had it on my accounts from long ago but I have one account that I want to add it to and this is what I'm looking for...

- Not a multi-boat trainer
- Not a pretamed or house seperated repeat provoker
- An actual target selecting and provoking script that runs while I play naturally

Basically I'd like it to replace my target nearest mobile + attack target macro with this script that would automatically attempt to provoke any creature(not NPC) within 8-12 tiles onto another target within that range and, if no other target is avalilable, onto me and do it continually. I really hate UO's in game system of selecting targets because it's not intuitive like WoW's "nearest target" + auto attack method, for example.

I've played with several of the provo trainers in the library here, and from Easy UO, and most require me to specify targets or create a list of combinations... I just want it to target ANYTHING within range onto ANYTHING ELSE within range or on me if it can't, I'll worry about where to position myself when turning it on.

Provo would raise, I wouldn't need to constantly try to manually target stuff or drag bars etc and I'm already out there killing anyway. Does such a script exist yet?

edit: would it be possible to create an in game UO macro for this maybe for the classic client? Haven't tried but it just crossed my mind...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:43:17 AM by Gemviper »

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Playable provoke script needed
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »
You're better off just buying pinks. Provo is a real hoochie mama to gain.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »
You're better off just buying pinks. Provo is a real hoochie mama to gain.

I really like hoochie mamas!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »
True, but I may want to leave it running while clearing spawn. Right now there are three tasks I dislike on my warrior...

#1 - targeting nearest mobs, the UO classic client is indeed a hoochie mamma at that
#2 - provoking mobs, they tend to move more quickly when they've acquired you and are sometimes difficult to select
#3 - healing, If I am below 90% just slap a bandage on already. I know I can bandageself but that's one more hotkey I'd like to remove

Ideally when I'm about to start clearing an area I just want to worry about attacking stuff and I prefer to select targets and use skills with keys and leave my mouse to movement only... but while using the smallest number of buttons possible. With this I would go about killing the spawn as usual but the script would toss out provo attempts as I do to raise skill.

Here would be a basic example, not polished up(needs a delay timer on provo section that doesn't block heal section, for example). Before I polish it, is something better our there? Also, is targeting self now blocked? I get a message telling me that the world is too peaceful to do that.

Code: [Select]
set %insturmentTypes MQF ;-- drums
set %provoTargets WE_TI_ZC_YD ;-- zombies and skeles

healprovo:
gosub ghostCheck
if ( #hits < 134 ) ;-- 10% of 150 + 1 to account for curse
gosub healCheck
gosub provo

;------ Check for death
sub ghostCheck
if ( #charghost = YES )
pause