Author Topic: Hail and well met!  (Read 2110 times)

Offline childeryTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • childery has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail and well met!
« on: February 08, 2016, 05:39:08 PM »
Ok, I know that was lame, but I just got back in to UO after a 15 year hiatus and it's got me feeling like a kid again. I don't pretend to be a scriptor or even very computer savvy, but I have spent a lot of time researching the art of scripting over the past few days and I'm intrigued. I'm hoping to test out some of these scripts and hopefully learn how to write my own.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hail and well met!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 05:59:41 PM »
Welcome to SUO! You may want to add some more meat to your intro. Will you be playing production shards or free shards? Do you prefer PvE, PvP, or a little of both? What templates would you like to try?

You may want to look at some of the stickied intros before adding to yours. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=20.0

This is why we ask for a good intro http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1683.0

We have a lot to offer so I am looking forward to your updated intro.  ;D

Offline childeryTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • childery has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:43:34 PM »
Hilarious! I looked at the fail intro example and it looked a lot like mine. My Bad!

Well, I started playing UO back in 1998 when a friend introduced me to the game. My virtual life began on the Sonoma shard where I spent most of my time stealing from guard chests in Trinsic and jumping anyone who happened to be brave enough to equip a Chaos shield. Eventually, I transitioned over to the Pacific shard where I joined up with the Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB for life!). If anyone remembers those days with KGB, then you'd remember that we were constantly engaged in PvP. I mean huge battles. Bodies would fill an entire screen...and lag would consume my puny 56k modem.

In short, this game has had a huge impact on my life. I've never experienced the heart pounding rush that I did with UO. And I've found myself comparing every other game I've played to UO. I've made sporadic returns to the free shards here and there. My heart lies with the pre-AOS days when Vanquishing weapons were to be feared. But, I like jumping around and playing on several different eras of free shards currently.

At the moment, I'm more interested in the leisurely aspect of the game. I'm working up my crafters and gatherers. I'd like to get a little more in to champs and artifact farming since I've never really done that.

As far as testing out the scripts, I've found that lumber jacking is the bane of my existence. My first order of business will be to put that on auto pilot. But before that, I'd actually like to get a script to work. I've tried a few different scripts from EasyUO and none of them seem to work properly on my current shard, ABCUO. Lumber jacking, specifically. My guy recalls to a spot and just stands there. From what I've been able to discern, it's got something to do with the mapping file format and not being able to recognize the tree tiles. I've seen that there is a uop2mul converter on this site that looks like a promising fix. I know almost nothing about messing with a registry, though. There's about an 80% chance that I'm going to make it much worse, but I'm willing to give it a shot. 

Anyway, I look forward to talking to you all.

Fare Thee Well.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:09 PM »
You may be able to get away with updating the map files, TM has a link hidden around here somewhere. Thanks for the update and Welcome to SUO!

Tags: