Author Topic: Chivalry on Pets is worthless  (Read 4737 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Chivalry on Pets is worthless
« on: May 31, 2017, 08:54:49 PM »
Name pretty much says it all.

Your pet will cast eo1, then toggle it right back off. Holy Light, Dispel Evil completely useless and i'm pretty sure reset your pets swing.

Divine Fury and Consecrate are nice, but the other actions are not worth the mana consumption.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Chivalry on Pets is worthless
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:42:59 AM »
That EOO thing sounds like a bug that should be addressed.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
I expect tons of tweaking in the next few months.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
In concept, pets being able to cast chiv, magery, spellweaving, etc sounds pretty cool. But then I thought about it and I am avoiding it like the plague. Since you cannot control what spells they cast, what's the point?

I'm sticking with AI, Rune Corruption, and other special moves that you know for sure what you're getting. I'm also keeping it to 1-3 things max per pet. That way they're more likely to spam AI or whatever and I know what I'll be getting.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
In concept, pets being able to cast chiv, magery, spellweaving, etc sounds pretty cool. But then I thought about it and I am avoiding it like the plague. Since you cannot control what spells they cast, what's the point?

I'm sticking with AI, Rune Corruption, and other special moves that you know for sure what you're getting. I'm also keeping it to 1-3 things max per pet. That way they're more likely to spam AI or whatever and I know what I'll be getting.

What they really need is a UI method to be able to control those abilities by the player.  Just about every other MMO out there has a separate UI section for pet commands.  It gets a bit more complicated with UO since you can have more than one.  But hey, then you could script it!  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Biza

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Biza has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 09:40:11 PM »
Only put chiv on one pet, what i saw... he would cast it then immediately cast it again only when there were 2 different types of mobs present. Say on Navery he would only cast it once. However that was a while ago and I have not paid much attention to that pet since. Also close wounds and cure are nice, he will even cast it on me (cu sidhe)
Quote from: TrailMyx
These are the things we look for in new users and perspective Elite members:

Quoting Elites/GMods/Admins in your siggys.

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 11:00:34 PM »
Keep testing that. When I was doing shadowguard it would barely keep eo1 up or if it did it only did it for a few bites. Never spawned more monsters either, so it was constantly just the boss. Unless it was somehow counting minax while I was so close to the altar... Hmm...
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: