Author Topic: Volunteer Here, aka Crash Test Dummy!!  (Read 3279 times)

Offline roadrunnerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Volunteer Here, aka Crash Test Dummy!!
« on: May 03, 2013, 04:02:24 AM »
i've gotten such a warm reception, seriously, that i thought i'd try to reciprocate by offering my services as a script tester. I only play OSI shards but having 2 accounts, 7 toons each, has allowed me to train just about every 'worth while' skill in game. i have crafters, thief, fisher, spellweaver, mystic, mage, necro, tamer, poisoner, fencer, swords, macer, even forensics & begging! LOL (i also retain 'rights' of usage to SOME of the accounts i train characters on (see intro post) so i have plenty of characters to use for script testing)
so, if any of you writers need a 'crash test dummy' to help you work out the bugs on a script, i'd be happy to help any way i can.

i'm 45 yrs old, single, (retired ironworker from all over North America) no kids, and my 26 yr old g/f does Not live w/ me so i have lots of free time on my hands. i'm intelligent enough to comprehend the workings of scripts, and i honestly aspire to some day maybe writing 1 or 2 (just to say i accomplished it) i took several online courses for webpage design way back when HTML was the only code in existence for them and a 56k modem ruled. yes, i'm ancient in the pc world, but i'm just pointing out that 'code' is not totally foreign to me, i'm just no where near the class of the work i've seen in the last 2 days here. so again, since i'm benefiting from all of your works, i wanted to offer what i can as help.

thanks again for allowing me to be part of this Trailmyx.

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteer Here, aka Crash Test Dummy!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:44:14 AM »
Hey there.

I don't know if you're used to doing BODs or not, but if you are, give this baby a run, if you're willing:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8636.0

It was working perfectly fine for almost everyone on version 1.0, which was for Smith BODs only.

Version 2.0 has had all kinds of feedback, from "works perfect" to "my life is over".

Version 2.0 was supposed to work with every kind of Tailor BOD, so if you could run it and give some specific feedback, that would be sweet ! :D

Let me know!

Cheers!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 07:19:42 AM »
i'll give it a run and see what's what w/ it Neo. thanks for taking me up on the offer :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »
ok Neo,
i have never been a BoD 'worker' and as luck would have it, about 2 months ago i tossed about 4500 various BoDs away to clear up house lockdowns. i had inherited them from a player quitting. God knows i would have loved to know about your script then!!
i went thru a few accounts using different toons, grabbed a few tailoring Bod's and put them in a book, put the materials to fill them in a secure and hit start. the setup went smooth. it grrabbed the 1st BoD, the cloth, and then it got stuck. it couldn't 'see' my dark blue cloth (but it had grabbed it out of the secure to work with) so i manually targeted the pile  of cloth each time for it to make 15 dresses. as soon as 15 were made it added them to the BoD, stowed it back in the book & grabbed #2. same deal. it works perfect except for having to manually target cloth pile to make the items.

if you revise that, lemme know, and i'll DL it again, and run it for you.  (i'm also going to be stockpiling tailor & smithy BoDs now. just to have on hand for tests such as this :) )

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
it works perfect except for having to manually target cloth pile to make the items.
Well, that's a first. Did you read the instructions on how to set it up ? Did you only have the one color of cloth as per the instructions?

So far the error some people have had presented itself after many bods had been filled.

Never fail to be polite.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »
yes, i dye all my bolts of cloth 1 color, cut them into folded cloth, and that was only cloth in the secure. as well as only cloth in my backpack once it loaded. (script pulled it from the secure)

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:35:18 PM »
yes, i dye all my bolts of cloth 1 color, cut them into folded cloth, and that was only cloth in the secure. as well as only cloth in my backpack once it loaded. (script pulled it from the secure)
Huh... I'll have to look into that...

If you could do me one more favor in the mean time...

Post up the issue you're having on the original script topic... To see what other users have to say about it! If anyone might be having the same kind of problem. That helps to isolate the issue...

Let me know!

Cheers!

Never fail to be polite.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 04:02:23 AM »
ok, posted in detail on the main script thread. will see if anyone gives us any feedback. :)

Tags: