Author Topic: Brain Teaser!!  (Read 4291 times)

Offline roadrunnerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Brain Teaser!!
« on: May 07, 2013, 04:05:14 AM »
OK folks, i've got a serious script question/ request for you all! From the looks of Trailmyx's scripts, and the intricateness(sp) he puts into them, he might relish this 'challenge'.
Ye Olde Gargish - Ter Mur museum quest;  given by 'Axem The Curator'.  the breakdown: Axem gives 3 different quests, 1 for the tome, 1 for remnants, 1 for pottery fragments. the tome quest pays out 10k gold, a book (sometimes the book is 1 of 3 types of 'Editions' -1st, Collector's,        ) , and various gems, both large & small types.  the script would need recall to secure/ bank ability, sort/ stacking of gold/ gems ability, refuse/ accept  correct quest ability.  sounds simple in those terms but i'm well aware it's not. the reason i implore such a script is i farm navrey a LOT, and in a mere week or 2 i can amass 50 of the 'Tome' for Axem's quest and it is a major time consumer to turn in the quest & sort all the reward. (the quest also gives 50 Ter Mur loyalty to the character, so great quest for pure mule imbuers that cannot fight monsters for loyalty to earn rights to Queen's soulforge)
i just thought, after reading over some of the very awesome scripts here, somebody might like to tackle this.  as always, i'll be glad to test it on OSI servers for the author. :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Re: Brain Teaser!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
Recall Home
Sort
Grab X Books
Recall to Npc
For %N 1 X
{
Accept Quest
Toggle Item
Accept Reward
}

Mooooo

Get this info for me and I'll see what I can do.

List of Stackable Rewards Types(Things that you can put in 1 container)
List of Non Stackable Types and What they are
Type and Color for a turn in book

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:29:27 AM by manwinc »
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:53:14 AM »
Manwinc,  all that script speak at top of your post is beyond my comprehension! (I truly wish i knew how to glance at it & say 'ahh, OK, got'cha now!'  some day hopefully, some day!)
as for the items in the 'reward bag', dubbed 'Bulging Museum Bag' that Axem gives for the quest that are not stackables, 'Oracle' posted a list (not sure if it's complete) here http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=3260.0;wap2  the 3 types of books that have 'Edition' names underneath titles are always same color for their 'edition': White = Collector's Edition , Orange = Limited Edition , Black with purple hue= First Edition.  these books also come in non- edition types and a myriad of colors. the bags always have same ID name but also come in various colors. the contents are always 1 book, 1 pile of gold (just over 10,000 pieces) and the gems/ ingredients always number 10 different items, so the bag contains 12 items total.

ok, stackables are :
9 types of 'small' gems (the originals that UO had on almost every monster known, especially dragons)
8 types of 'large' gems (the gems that came into UO w/ the launch of Stygian Abyss expansion)
luminescent fungi
parasitic plant
gold pieces

Axem is not a static spawn, he does move about the museum. you do not have to be 'line of sight' (i recall in on ground floor, hold cntrl+shift, drag up his name bar and D-click his name bar to work my 'donations' )  it just occurred to me, the gems being stacked would not be a major weight issue & the gold can be sent to bank after every 4-5 turn-in with bag of sending. maybe that's easier than recalling to & fro ? stacking empty bags on ground would save item count in backpack also.

OK, lastly on your questionaire: ALL 'Untranslated Ancient Tome' are black in color, no matter what monster drops'em.

if there is any other way i can assist you, i'll be more than glad to Sir!!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:10:18 AM »
I meant the #Findcol in EUO, but I think I can pull the Info I need.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »

Assistuo has a nice object inspector built in that gives that kind of information

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »
see, i was totally clueless what you meant/ needed. :(

i've also never used AssistUO. 
this site has taught me 1 thing very very quickly. 'i've much more to learn than i ever imagined when i asked for membership!'

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
see, i was totally clueless what you meant/ needed. :(

i've also never used AssistUO. 
this site has taught me 1 thing very very quickly. 'i've much more to learn than i ever imagined when i asked for membership!'

OK Then try this one.

;)

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=188.0;highlight=findinfo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
OMG! Thank you Gimlet!!  i've got it in my little stash of ever growing useful tools now! should someone ask me again, i'll be ready :D

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 08:20:54 AM »

Assistuo has a nice object inspector built in that gives that kind of information

Stealth have a clientsided Ingame command called "Info" to get all informations about any object you can target written down into a listbox. All you need then is c & p :)
Depending on your setted prefix its ,info or !Info ( i choosed ! as prefix )

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 08:26:57 AM »

Stealth have a clientsided Ingame command called "Info" to get all informations about any object you can target written down into a listbox. All you need then is c & p :)
Depending on your setted prefix its ,info or !Info ( i choosed ! as prefix )
Cool!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
yeah, i did DL Stealth again but i'm waiting on a newer 'user's Guide' to be posted before i try installing/ running it. that login.cfg snafu freaked me out.
it really looks like a cool 'gadget' and i do want to learn how to use it efficiently.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 04:52:12 PM »
Had to Relocate my desktops and Set back up my network at a new location. Will be a bit before I can have some time to play.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 02:25:49 AM »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 03:17:08 AM »
 :o   no Sir! i missed that in the setup tutorial. i did get the icq msg & replied via icq Crome. thank you Sir!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 07:39:11 AM »
ok, i know Manwinc was in process of moving but i thought i'd post here just to draw attention to this thread again and let the scripters know i'm still interested in this one.

after trying to correct that mace& shield glasses donation script i've learned a little about how to locate menu coordinates, itemID, and if someone could setup a 'blank' EUO script and have 'tome ID here' and quest 'giver ID here' where i would open the script and fill in the 'blanks' so to speak (i honestly have no idea if this would be easier or harder for a script writer, so forgive me if this is a totally stupid idea) i would certainly try to help set it up to run on OSI shards.

Tags: