Author Topic: On using Enhanced  (Read 5526 times)

Offline EnDeViDUALTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • EnDeViDUAL has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
On using Enhanced
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
So this is where I'm at. I have Stealth successfully connecting to Demise(RunUO). I can connect to Stealth via Razor and play no problem. I can connect to Stealth via UOSteam(AssistUO) but it hangs before character selection. And I can connect to Stealth via UOSALoader however as soon as the Enhanced client loads, it closes immediately. Nothing in the UO Journal on Stealth suggests I'm being kicked, the client simply closes. I'm not sure if there is a setting within Stealth that is causing this or if I need a different Enhanced Client version - currently running 4.0.34.15. Unfortunately I am new at this and am shooting from the hip. I don't know how to read packets and currently at a loss - not sure if I even need to read packets! I may just need a break after trying this for several days but I feel I am close and that is is possible. But I could use help. Ultimately it is my goal to be able to play on the Demise server using the Enhanced Client (It'd be like Picasso using a pencil and then switching to paint - a great experience both ways but one's way more vibrant). If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Post Merge: February 10, 2014, 03:25:56 PM
Maybe this has something to do with it? Stealth also has issues finding .UOP files. Ran as admin just in case.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:13:14 PM by EnDeViDUAL »

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: On using Enhanced
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:39 PM »
why do you try to connect to the UOSA Loader? We updated the EC-Client Stuff uhm Summer 2013 or autumn 2013 and just used the EC client directly through Stealth. There is no 100% chance it will work with the latest client and you also should consider, that EC have a few special packets wich may not be handled by the Server. Considering this i think you wont be able to use the EC on Demise.

If i get time the next days i can try it out on OSI.

Edit : As you may know in ukraine is a bit difficult atm. 2 of our Devs living there and i think they wont be able to update such soon. We also have focuses atm on fixing some bugs, expand the Api etc.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:02:45 PM by Crome969 »

Offline EnDeViDUALTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • EnDeViDUAL has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: On using Enhanced
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:27:40 AM »
If I launch EC with Stealth, Stealth has an error "Client Window Not Fount!!! Dll is disabled." Then if I try to log in EC says "NETWORK ERROR - Couldn't connect to Ultima Online." At least if I use UOSA Loader connecting to 127.0.0.1:5005 it connects to Steam local server and I can log in. The game just exits the second my character loads.

The game exiting like that I think is a Stealth issue. If I were to change the ip of which UOSA Loader connects to Demise address, I can log all the way in just fine. Only in that case Demise server notifies me of an invalid client and kicks me after about 20 seconds being in game.

Post Merge: February 11, 2014, 01:09:21 PM
Well the Version of EC I was using was  4.0.34.15 but I found and installed 4.0.32.3 and was able to connect to Stealth via UOSA Loader successfully. The client didn't close on me and Demise server didn't kick me for an invalid client.

Now I need to figure out how to make my backpack function properly. It's stacking all of my inventory and I cant unstack it. I figure there will be issues but hopefully I will be able to make it manageable.

Post Merge: February 11, 2014, 11:48:38 AM
Having not used the Enhanced Client before I didn't know there was an "Legacy Backpack" option. Now I can get from place to place and set up some hotkeys. Exciting!

Screen shot:
[spoiler=OMG it's so big!!][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:48:38 AM by EnDeViDUAL »

Tags: