Author Topic: Official ScriptUO Shard!  (Read 14169 times)

Offline mynameisTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mynameis has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Official ScriptUO Shard!
« on: March 16, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »
+1
Why don't we have our own?

Make it a kinda secondary world, made up of this community, that does things you can normally only do on a shard of your own. Powers, cool *bleep*, pvp, bug testing :D

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Official ScriptUO Shard!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »
+1
Most of us already play on OSI servers and do not wish to split our play time between the 2 I believe.

Offline mynameisTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mynameis has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 12:17:07 PM »
+1
I had no idea OSI was most players. I thought playrun shards we're the majority now.

Regardless I meant as a secondary shard. I don't think a primary shard would be a good idea.
If we had a shard, it'd be purely for fun. No need to bring in more players, or preserve an economy, or prevent exploits.

In fact, I think a server where everyone could toggle gm powers would be great. Really just a f around shard but its ours, w no intention of ever making it "real." No upgrades, answering pages, maintenance/patches. Kind of the same way individuals make a server that usually only 1 person logs onto (creator) but we all have. Why? Cuz why not :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
+1
It takes a lot of work to run a server and I know I don't have the time to do it. I am sure most others don't plus a lot of people play on OSI shards. It also costs quite a bit to have it hosted on a server that is not laggy. Tidus is working on one and is looking for people to help him look for bugs.

http://rebirthuo.com

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12212.0

Check it out   ;)

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 07:44:31 PM »
+1
It takes a lot of work to run a server and I know I don't have the time to do it. I am sure most others don't plus a lot of people play on OSI shards. It also costs quite a bit to have it hosted on a server that is not laggy. Tidus is working on one and is looking for people to help him look for bugs.

http://rebirthuo.com

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12212.0

Check it out   ;)

Thanks Crisis.

I wouldn't say this is a ScriptUO server, but of course everyone who is on ScriptUO is invited to join and play.  I am always looking at ways to make it more OSI like and enjoyable by players.  I am using OSI as a base. So I will have some customs, but it won't be far from OSI.  There won't be custom colors and custom mounts or anything of that sort.

www.rebirthuo.com   is the webpage

login.rebirthuo.com  is the login
port 2593

This server is hosted at my house and is on a 50up/down connection.  So it is pretty quick.  As I do load testing and see that I need to upgrade to a better machine I will be doing so.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »
+1
I wouldn't say this is a ScriptUO server, but of course everyone who is on ScriptUO is invited to join and play. 

Gets my vote.  :) We've been asked to build a server many times.  Frankly there are lots of good servers out there, and building one more just didn't work for me.  I'd rather have people who really are dedicated to the time and effort do it.   So give it a whirl and help Tidus work out all the kinks.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »
+1
I wouldn't say this is a ScriptUO server, but of course everyone who is on ScriptUO is invited to join and play. 

Gets my vote.  :) We've been asked to build a server many times.  Frankly there are lots of good servers out there, and building one more just didn't work for me.  I'd rather have people who really are dedicated to the time and effort do it.   So give it a whirl and help Tidus work out all the kinks.

Thanks TM. Yeah I am working hard on getting this going.  Always looking for a GM or Admin TM ;).  However i could use more of a player base.  Might have to do a promo offer to everyone on SUO to get them to play. :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
+1
Anyone who is from ScriptUO that is an active member and joins my shard will get a free character built to 700 skill points and a full suit that can contain arties.  Everyone will get a full Conjurer's Set.  This is only available to ScriptUO members.  You will have to Page a GM with your scriptuo name.  You will have to verify your identity using a PM on scriptuo. 

There is still TONS of Luna housing available.

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 05:57:17 AM »
+1
this free suit for scriptuo users still available on rebirth?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 06:55:54 AM »
+1
We are currently fighting some hoster issues but then we could talk about it :)

PS : That offer was made Before Tecmo and Me Joined tooked ownership. So i can promise you get a newbie kit but not a conjurers suite or free Character Build.

A Newbies Kit contains following :
Skillballs
Statballs
Newbie Armor based on Your Newbie Suite Decision
Free  Runebook
Misc. Utilities based on Newbie Suite
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:58:35 AM by Crome969 »

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 07:17:25 AM »
+1
+1 for rebirth

2 questions:

Is the loot like OSI's?
Does luck do anything?
Does luck effect properties on the loot coming from killing monsters?

EDIT: Let me clarify, can I find anything like this?

And is there a refinement system?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:25:48 AM by unisharp »

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »
+1
1)
  No and its still open if we go the way of EA but we added some EA Content towards SA already (no Imbuing!)
2)
  Yes Luck affects Loot

Edit :
  No you cannot find that stuff yet. They day such loot will be released will be the day we release Imbuing with Reforging. Releasing those standalone from time to time would be huge imbalance.

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
+1
Releasing those standalone from time to time would be huge imbalance.

*nods* :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
+1
  No and its still open if we go the way of EA but we added some EA Content towards SA already (no Imbuing!)

Someone just wants to not obsolete their Doom arti collection... :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 01:37:40 AM »
+1

Someone just wants to not obsolete their Doom arti collection... :p

We have the Code from Imbuing already written, but as it is designed on EA standalone its not balanced.
If we want to add Reforging Standalone its needs also the loot system else Reforging would be not balanced.
And if we Add the new Loot Standalone Crafting without imbuing\reforging would be wasteless..

We may learned that lesson after seing how EA handles it.

Tags: