Author Topic: NEWB! Where to start?  (Read 6421 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
NEWB! Where to start?
« on: June 22, 2014, 07:22:10 AM »
Yes, I admit it 100% and admit it proudly. I am a NEWB! I am starting to understand how to code in EUO and I read that Stealth is supposed to be better. I want to start looking at Stealth and figure out if I want to continue learning EUO or give Stealth a shot. I have ZERO coding knowledge other than playing around with RunUO scripts and EUO scripts. I looked OpenEUO over but did not care much for it. Where do I start?  8)

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
Re: NEWB! Where to start?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »
I know enough to be dangerous now! I found my way to Stealth's site and downloaded the client. I looked at the configuration but was stumped because it said nothing about how to connect to OSI servers. Freeshards give you the login information. I checked Stealth's forums and did not see anything relevant so I started checking the Stealth forums here and found someone who could not connect and Orich gave him the OSI login information so I am now able to get connected in game.

In case someone else has the same problems, it is login.ultimaonline.com and the port is 7775 (worked for me) or 7776.

My next priority is to look at scripts and figure out how they work before I try and see which language will be easiest for me to pick up and try to script with.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 08:43:50 AM »
Crome has a great PDF hidden away in the Stealth Archives. It would have saved me a lot of time had I seen it first. I suggest maybe a new F.A.Q. on Stealth and include that in it. As I get familiar with things, I wouldn't mind writing one up from a NEWB's perspective lol. I am including it here along with a link to that thread. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9203.0

Which language would you pro's suggest me learning first? The easier the better!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
How to use Stealth on Osi.pdf

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 08:57:27 AM »
I'm a little more away than usual right now.

I'm currently developing the latest C# dll for Stealth, will release soon, just need a few tweaks.

In the meantime, I would recommend sticking to Pascal. I think it's the most simple and intuitive scripting language you can use for Stealth, and you'll also be able to find many examples of scripts to learn for.

Once the C# DLL is out, I plan on making a video of me writing a full script from scratch and commenting what I'm doing. I'm still deciding on a script for that, but I want to do one that could actually be useful so people can learn the real deal.
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 10:31:19 AM »
Looking at some of the free tutorials on Pascal, it seems like it shouldn't be too complicated. I am looking forward to this!

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
Looking at some of the free tutorials on Pascal, it seems like it shouldn't be too complicated. I am looking forward to this!
When you get started, feel free to ask around the boards for whatever you need... Crome should be there to help out more often than me, but when I'm around, I'd be happy to try and help as well...
Never fail to be polite.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »
I can try and help... Don't except terms from me though as I am stupid in that regard... I can read/write code but have no idea what Crome says a lot of the time when  he throws terminology at me :X

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
Thank you both for the offers and I will most definitely take you both up on that.

I will continue to ask questions through this thread for now since I may end up having a lot of them very quickly lol.

I ran my first script through Stealth, Dxrom's Ninjitsu Trainer. It ran nice, I let it go for about 5 minutes and got my first gain. The only thing that I did not care for was that I could not get the script to stop. I tried stopping it through the main Stealth window, the edit script window, and the client DLL Form. I finally had to log out to get it to stop. :(

What was I doing wrong that caused it to not pause or stop? I uploaded it through the main stealth page.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »
Select the running script in the list window (it will get highlighted) and then select pause button to pause, pause button again to unpause. Stop to stop. Personally I don't even use the default script editor, I use Notepad++

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »
I can try and help... Don't except terms from me though as I am stupid in that regard... I can read/write code but have no idea what Crome says a lot of the time when  he throws terminology at me :X
Don't worry, nobody understands Crome while he's using his lingo... I bet a lot of times not even Crome understands himself when he's at it! :D

Never fail to be polite.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »
I don't like the profiles. If I make one, it will not let me add a new one. When I try to make a new one, it tells me I must pick a default shard between 1 and 5. If I change the account, it just changes the account and removes the old one. When I try to add a connection, it copies the original one and when I change the new one, the original no longer works. :(

EDIT: I figured this out, when making a new profile, I need to have it set to pick shard.

EDIT Again (so I don't have 10 zillion posts in a row in this thread) I don't seem to be able to use crafting tools while running stealth (not using a script at this point). When I double click any of them, I get a little message in my chat saying "gump incoming" but it never opens. What's the deal with that?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:45:33 PM by Crisis »

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 11:14:32 PM »
Hit me up in icq 490172778. I can give you a small overview via teamviewer and show you some of the features. Atleast i also can show you a few simple things as well.

I guess some people have noticed iam not much online anymore for scripting. I work together with Tidus on a project and als have my 10 hours shifts daily as developer at work.

About learning pascal you probably should look into the code of others. PAscal is super similar to delphi but has its own aspects.
So you can also look into delphi samples without object orientation.

EDIT Again (so I don't have 10 zillion posts in a row in this thread) I don't seem to be able to use crafting tools while running stealth (not using a script at this point). When I double click any of them, I get a little message in my chat saying "gump incoming" but it never opens. What's the deal with that?
Go to the Yellow Task Button (Options) Tab to Server, Set Servermode to Fullmode. You can filter what kind of content you want to see on your linked client.

Don't worry, nobody understands Crome while he's using his lingo... I bet a lot of times not even Crome understands himself when he's at it! :D

I sometimes forget, that not all people around me are native developers, additional to that iam a perfectionist.I dont know how many thousand lines of code i already dumbed because i finished a 8 hours coding shift, got an idea about how to make it better and full dump the whole code and start from scratch. And iam always brainstorm about issues 100 steps ahead while i have to solve the next step;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:00:22 AM by Crome969 »

Tags: