Author Topic: SUO Launcher  (Read 78060 times)

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: SUO Launcher
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »
+1
Just so you are aware, anyone with Norton SONAR will not be able to use your launcher.  It automatically flags it as a high risk and deletes it off the computer.

They have to put it on the computer, go into Norton and trust the file, then mark it is able to run as administrator before ever opening it.

Found this out when I put it on a friend's computer to test it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:17:23 PM by Tidus »
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »
+1
Yeh, I found that out with AVG also.  It's odd because it doesn't even detect the action, but the file itself.  The code for injecting happens in an allocated memory space and not even in a running thread.  I dunno, there's not much that can be done about it.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 04:36:55 PM »
+1
for the Archive.. is that an Encrypted Client archive or a Decrypyed Client archive?
The archive is just the basic client; nothing has been touched.  I haven't quite decided if/how to handle an unencrypted executable.  Anything I think of takes the focus away from the Launcher except for patches.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:55:00 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:43 AM »
+1
for the Archive.. is that an Encrypted Client archive or a Decrypyed Client archive?
The archive is just the basic client; nothing has been touched.  I haven't quite decided if/how to handle an unencrypted executable.  Anything I think of takes the focus away from the Launcher except for patches.

Well if you want to make a Shard Owner version and a General Use version, then I could see where you could auto save decrypted ones.  But i understand why you would not want to.  It is purely for my own selfish reasons. :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:30 AM »
+1
I was wondering if you will ever interject into the client like how some have the ability to Add Health Bars at the top etc.  I'm not talking a full functioning scripting engine since we have EUO, but a healthbar at the top and maybe the ability to add the MW as target last and target self since UO doesn't let you do set MW in their macros.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 07:17:30 AM »
+1
I was wondering if you will ever interject into the client like how some have the ability to Add Health Bars at the top etc.  I'm not talking a full functioning scripting engine since we have EUO, but a healthbar at the top and maybe the ability to add the MW as target last and target self since UO doesn't let you do set MW in their macros.

Anything is possible really.  I've gotten this thing working by tweaking a bit of code that's available on the interwebz and learning to navigate the client binary with Debuggy and Ida Pro Free to change a "JZ" to "JMP" here and there.  So right now I'm doing just the VERY basic client tweaking.  If this proves to not be such a pain in the ass, I might consider doing some more things as I can figure them out.  My next little task is to figure out how to skip the UO splash screens like Razor does.  So far the tweaks I've done have been very obvious in the disassembler.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »
+1
Best answer in the world?

Answer:
Deal with it.

Most definitely.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 06:37:57 PM »
+1
The SUO Launcher download page doesn't have the download just so you know

:p

Lol, I know.  So far *one* person has done any testing other than me (cough thanks Tidus! cough).  So I'm not going to be posting it until it gets a bit more use.  Also I need to put a link in there to link back here as well as get the ads working.  I'm not liking the amazon ones because they are really huge.  I've gotta figure out how to get the adsense stuff going.  Stupid google.

Finally, I need to give credit to people from which I "borrowed" code.  The actual decrypt code and injector are just things I managed to tweak from information from the webz.  The patch code is my own and Gimlet gave me the offsets for the always light.  I just need to make sure I understand the decrypt stuff so I can support it.  I wish I had the website information for the original UO Rice because there was a good explanation about the client encryption.  That site is gone now, but hopefully it's somewhere in the waybackmachine.  So if anyone remembers the website name, I can at least see if that information was archive.

I have found a couple of things about the original UO Rice

The first link here is something from Lord Binary, not sure if it is what you were looking for: http://www.uox3.org/lonewolf/docs/yamuurice.htm

And here is a post from 2002 which lists a website for UO Rice: http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24

So far the launcher works great. It found my client which is not located on the C Drive, I was able to easily log into Alexandria and UO Rebirth and even EA/Broadsword. I think the possibilities of this are great. I would love to see it turn into something similar to UO Steam or UO Assist.

The Amazon Ads worked fine, I was able to click on them and go to what it showed but the other ones did not. I am attaching a screen shot.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
AdNoWork.png

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 07:10:31 PM »
+1
I'm not a fan of the chitika ads.  Just about an hour ago I was just finally approved for adsense (don't get me started on that one) so I'll probably pull those for the adsense ones.  Chikita was just a fall-back because Google was making me jump through hoops for initial approval.

Thanks for those links, I've been trying like crazy to make sure I give proper credit to the people who originally did the base code.  It's changed enough that I won't feel too bad if I miss someone, but I do want to be as complete as I can.

My intentions with this program for now isn't really to replace anything.  I'm just trying to fill a void that was left when the original UOGateway went down.  I don't want all that headache of managing shards, admins, disputes, etc.  But if I make it convenient for shard admins to get their new members up and running quickly, then I believe this tool will have a niche.  Even if they transition over to something else for their macroing pleasure, that's ok with me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:12:30 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2015, 08:56:18 PM »
+1
I updated the link with the latest version.  You can now fuse the client path with the particular shard you want to start.  Also you can edit the shard information in both the personal and favorites tabs.

So:
. Editable shard information
. Client path is configurable
. Links now select your configured browser, not just IE.
. quite a few other bugs fixes
. many more bugs added

You may have to delete your xml file again.  Hopefully that'll be the last time.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2015, 09:24:46 PM »
+1
@Tidus/Crome

If you guys want to play around with the link dragging and the bmp file:

Code: [Select]
<a href="http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=6" title="Drag this link into the SUO Launcher window!">SUO Launcher
  <meta name="Shardname" content="Your shard name">
    <meta name="ShardAddress" content="1.2.3.4">
    <meta name="ShardPort" content="2593">
    <meta name="ShardImageURL" content="http://www.shardname.com/path_to_your_bmp"> <-- dont' include the filename - just the path
</a>

For the "ShardImageURL", I'm requesting a file named "suo_banner.bmp".  If the banner is successfully loaded by the program, it will appear in the same directory as the Launcher.exe and will be named "temp.bmp".

I haven't done the code yet to add that to the lower banner rotation - that's next up to get working. There will be *strict* checks to make sure this file is exactly 480x72 and right now just BMP.  
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
+1
I will attempt this evening

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2015, 10:14:09 AM »
+1
I will attempt this evening

Kewl.  I'll see if I can get the graphic in the rotation today sometime.  I didn't have alot of time to work on this.  This week will be hard probably, but this program is kinda fun.  I forgot what wiggling brain cells feels like.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2015, 11:01:22 AM »
+1
@Trixta- since you have a few different versions of the client, have you tried to see how the launcher decrypts them?  I'm kinda curious how far back my patcher will go before the signature breaks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:49:26 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2015, 07:30:03 PM »
+1
I downloaded it and will give it a whirl tomorrow evening!  ;D

Tags: