Author Topic: SUO Launcher  (Read 78044 times)

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: SUO Launcher
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »
Unzipped and installed great, however when I launched the program it said "error in xml file please delete to reset"  then it works fine, But when i close the program it says "Try running this program with admin rights i cannot create the file or directory"

Once I setup run as admin it removes the last error but the xml error remains at the beginning.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »
Unzipped and installed great, however when I launched the program it said "error in xml file please delete to reset"  then it works fine, But when i close the program it says "Try running this program with admin rights i cannot create the file or directory"

Once I setup run as admin it removes the last error but the xml error remains at the beginning.

I actually need to change that messagebox error to a warning.  It's just basically saying it didn't find your xml file because now it's looking for it within your installed directory for the launcher.  Should work after you either copy the one you had to the installed path, or just close and open the program again.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2015, 09:11:03 PM »
You must be using Win 8, Trix.  I kinda get the same thing on my Win8 box.  Seems to work fine in Win7, so there's something odd going on there.  Does the account you're running from have admin rights?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2015, 09:27:34 PM »
Ugh, the installation directory created a bit of a can of worms...  More recent versions of Windows store these kinds of things in the appdirectory associated with each user account.  I'll have to figure that out I guess.  Maybe that will be easier actually that having an installer.  Just manage a directory in "x:\Users\user\AppData\Local. 

If only everyone still used Win7.  Life would be much easier!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2015, 10:54:11 PM »
Changes for v13:

. Gladly back to a non-installer version.  From input from Trixta and Tidus, I think the solution for the XML storage and other Launcher-related stuff is to put a directory in the "roaming" section.  This is a normal convention and should give full write access to the user.  No matter where you run the application now will always be able to reference your data.  Tested on Win2003, Win7 and Win8.1

. Verify your data directory by referencing it in the "About SUO Launcher" section (button press).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:25:45 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2015, 10:52:26 AM »
Changes for v14:

. Added final functionality for shard banners.  Now when you scroll through your shards, if a shard has a banner, it will automatically show up in the lower webbrowser window.  The shard website will be active for 10 seconds before the normal ad rotation continues, so you can click it to goto the shard's webpage.  You can test this behavior using the link I created on this site.  It will download a basic BMP test page that will display whenever you select "Your Shard Name"
. Shard banner images are stored in "shardart" in your appdata directory.

So this is pretty much all functionality I had envisioned for this.  I'll probably start a round of UI refinement and bug fixes that people come up requiring.

Pleases kick the tires of this and see what you think!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:02:00 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2015, 11:52:18 PM »
So any recommendations or suggestions?

Things I want to tweak:
. Verify if a shard is to be removed
. More status showing up on the bottom panel
. Save the status of the backup client checkmark (right now it's forgotten when the program stops)
. Mouse still phantom clicks sometimes.
. Organize shards (move up/down selections)
. Minimize the program to taskbar icon

Yeh, yeh, make it work like UOS or Razor.  Got it, not happening.

Also, right now I'm saving the client versions in the UO directories because there can be clients in various places on ones computer (cough, Trixta), but should I just have one place where their stored (in the roaming user data section)?

I'm working to ad more interesting and useful ad affiliates.  I really hated those per click ones.  Plus Google hates me now.  :)  Ones I'm working to get are T-mobile, Ebay, Banggood, Apple, and a couple others.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:54:25 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:24 AM »
Right now, I am doing really well with the launcher on Windows 7.  Have no issues.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2015, 07:35:19 AM »
Yeh, yeh, make it work like UOS or Razor.  Got it, not happening.

Will it launch UOAssist, UOS or Razor?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »
Allow Custom Patchs (mul Files\UOP) being downloaded from a shard, then use them on fly :)

So filepatching shards have it easyier to get people who want to play on multiple shards..

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2015, 09:28:02 AM »
Works great for me right now. I'll try and break it more on Monday, Birthday party today for this wee ones (:

I plan to play with uos,euo and maybe a few speedhacks and see what happens then :P

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
Running this on Win 8.1 and running great. It saves shards and opens them like it should.

1. The ads work but the big box does not rotate ads, it is only one ad and though it flickers like it is changing, the same ad is always there. Amazon Prime
2. Bottom Ad bar shows one for SUO Amazon Store and one for normal Amazon Store (guessing that is by design but double checking. I no longer see the screenshot.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2015, 10:51:57 AM »

Will it launch UOAssist, UOS or Razor?

Nope nope and nope.  Remember this program is kinda there for the noob to get started on a shard, and not take it over riding on the wings of angels.  :)

This program basically launches a client just like UOA, Razor or UOS, but without all those useful features!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:45:06 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »
Running this on Win 8.1 and running great. It saves shards and opens them like it should.

1. The ads work but the big box does not rotate ads, it is only one ad and though it flickers like it is changing, the same ad is always there. Amazon Prime
2. Bottom Ad bar shows one for SUO Amazon Store and one for normal Amazon Store (guessing that is by design but double checking. I no longer see the screenshot.

1.  Yeh, I only have one ad in the top box now.  I'm looking for more that aren't annoying
2. The SUO banner is just supposed to display once and then goes out of the rotation.  So that's working!  :)  It's basically the programs "Hi, I'm SUO Launcher, click me!"

Moving data to the user AppData helped make the thing run smoother because there isn't a wrestling for R/W capability like there is EVERYWHERE else.  Win8.1 is particularly bad - it's like Windows Vista all over again.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:42:18 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »
Allow Custom Patchs (mul Files\UOP) being downloaded from a shard, then use them on fly :)

So filepatching shards have it easyier to get people who want to play on multiple shards..

Aren't there a billion different file patching methods running from basic file replacement to incremental patching?  Sound like a fairly large can of worms unless I come up with a convention to use.  Freeshard conventions are kinda like herding flaming cats.  Not advised..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:55:20 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: