Author Topic: 2nd Account Controller  (Read 3584 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
2nd Account Controller
« on: October 31, 2015, 07:18:09 AM »
I'm working on controlling my 2nd account with my main account, I was wondering what the best way to have him follow me?

right now its simple generic but buggy... right now I just send my current char pos to my second account and he pathfinds to it.. and you can imagine how that can just cause problems.

this all works off a button that says Follow me then it toggles to stop following...

I'm thinking it would be much better to record a list of cords and and send them over to client 2 using the Move command? or is pathfind the best method?

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: 2nd Account Controller
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 10:50:26 AM »
There are issues between Move and Pathfind.  Move doesn't avoid where pathfind will avoid.  So if you can incorporate the two you will be good.  Pathfind is slower while move is quicker.  You can select how close you want to be within the tile selected for move while Pathfind is the exact location.

Some of my scripts use pathfind while others use move. It just depends on what it is going after.  If you want quick and it is going to be going quick i would use move.  Less chance of getting "stuck".
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:44:16 AM »
ALT+click
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »
ALT+click

Thanks 12x you've always been a great assistance to figuring out the best way to get things done ;)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »
ALT+click

Thanks 12x you've always been a great assistance to figuring out the best way to get things done ;)
LOL was that sarcasm? :D
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 04:54:11 PM »
ALT+click

LOL was that sarcasm? :D

no

^^^^ Thats me being Bitter

Tags: