Author Topic: Hey all!  (Read 1226 times)

Offline pocco299Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pocco299 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey all!
« on: February 07, 2019, 11:42:55 AM »
Hey all, I've been PC gaming since I was 8 years old, playing Counter-Strike 1.4 at a LAN gaming center.  That started it all.
Every since then I've played more games than I can remember, CoD, Battlefield, Doom, Half-Life[1-2-BlueShift], Dragon Age, MassEffect, League of Legends,
Heroes of Newerth, Dota[1-2], Starcraft[1-2], the list just goes on and on.
Somehow, in all of this time I've spent beating and playing all of these games I had never found Ultima Online until just last year.  I've been playing UOF for a while now, almost have
my first character with completely leveled skills[100, not 120].   I found this game through a buddy at work, working in a kitchen of all places.  Ever since then I've been hooked.

These days I don't get very much time to sit around and play video games, but when I do I usually end up hopping on to this 22 year old game of all things.
Part of what fascinates me so much about this game is how it can be so modifiable and able to be scripted by the player with many various applications.  I started off
with Razor.  Razor is pretty fantastic, but then I found UOSteam.  UOSteam felt like it had changed everything.  I started learning the syntax to the scripting language
and I have ended up having more fun trying to make the game play itself more than I liked actually playing the game by myself.  I spent time snooping around asking myself,
"How do these programs work? How does UOSteam retrieve all of this information so fluidly?"  This turned me towards the world of reverse engineering and Assembly.  I started being able to see and do things that even UOSteam would not let me reproduce.
Don't get me wrong either, I'm no 1337 h4x0r.  Finding even one of these things could take me anywhere from 3 to 12 hours when it would take someone with experience 5 minutes.  For example, I started off scanning for ways to retrieve my party members health(s) as a value and once I had found it, trying to automate the ability to heal them.

After all of the work that I had spent writing my own code to heal myself I found Razor Enhanced.   Razor Enhanced is the bees knees.  Now that I've found Razor Enhanced I haven't
been trying to "Create" anything in C++.  I've been focusing completely on writing scripts for Razor Enhanced in Iron Python.  The entire reason that I've come to this site, and to you all is because I want to learn and bounce ideas off of everyone.  I've lurked around this site for quite a while now and I figured it was time I actually try to participate in the community and keep learning and improving on my coding skills.

Hello, world!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 03:43:59 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: