Author Topic: My new retrocomputer project  (Read 5889 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
My new retrocomputer project
« on: December 14, 2021, 08:01:58 AM »
So even before I was into the whole UO thing, I was heavily into retrocomputers (really back then they weren't even "retro" lol).  In recent years that has kinda turned into my full-time hobby.  I noticed that I was doing a bunch of things that other people might benefit from my findings and experiences.  So I created a new website/forum that talks about anything retrocomputer-related.

https://retroactivity.net

I don't really mean to duplicated the great works of places like atariage, since this is really going to be a repository for my own work.  But as I found with scriptuo.com, people appreciated that and added to the whole experience.  So I figured, "what the hell."

Yes, SMF because easy.  I didn't want to have to think too much about it.  There's better forum software out there, but with those come additional annoyances.  So I'll stick with what I know.

So if you have any love for the old computer, come stop by and say "HI".

TM
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 02:55:44 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: My new retrocomputer project
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 07:30:46 PM »
I tried to register over there, but alas: no go!

Was greeted with:
"Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

I know you have talked about some of these hobby projects before here. I don't have anything too old myself, but I have probably used some of the stuff you showed in the past.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 06:42:13 PM »
I tried to register over there, but alas: no go!

Was greeted with:
"Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

I know you have talked about some of these hobby projects before here. I don't have anything too old myself, but I have probably used some of the stuff you showed in the past.

Kewl, I'll see what's up with that.  Thanks for checking!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 06:47:12 PM »
Ok, I ended up turning reCaptcha off and was able to create a normal account.  So hopefully that was it.  I'll fiddle with getting that set up at a later date.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 08:30:43 PM »
Nope, i tried to register:

Not acceptable! An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 07:31:46 AM »
Something else is odd since Gad was able to register.  Strange.  I'll keep poking at it.  Thanks for checking.

Gaderian said he also had to turn off his vpn to register.  I didn't, but there's that.

Also, https is turned on so perhaps point the the site using https://retroactivity.net
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 07:38:03 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 12:35:12 PM »
Something else is odd since Gad was able to register.  Strange.  I'll keep poking at it.  Thanks for checking.

Gaderian said he also had to turn off his vpn to register.  I didn't, but there's that.

Also, https is turned on so perhaps point the the site using https://retroactivity.net

Yep that is it.  I could view main site without https.  Once i tried to do anything it required HTTPS
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: