Author Topic: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw FULL - The Ultimate Autolooter - Public Release!  (Read 581132 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw FULL - The Ultimate Autolooter - Public Release!
« Reply #1230 on: March 22, 2022, 02:34:25 PM »
ty very much ... AWSOME script btw I did notice at line 1073 there is code that is referring to your Q and A on {Set up not saving} and was wandering if anything needed to be changed there as well because the lines you have instructed to delete are also found in these lines as well..

The problem with the whole saving thing is that Microsoft over the years has changed and then reverted the way the file paths work, and generally we only find out about it when things break.  Since it works now with the old code means that it changed once again and invalidated the "fixed" code added to make it work with a previous version.  All we can do is adapt.... :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 11:25:12 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw FULL - The Ultimate Autolooter - Public Release!
« Reply #1231 on: March 22, 2022, 02:36:09 PM »
Items like bones, arrows, feathers, gold etc go to your main pack.  I'm not exactly sure why I did it that way, but I cannot remember the justification now.

Items like arrows were not recognized in subcontainers at one point in the past. These had to be in the top level of the backpack or later it was possible to store these in an equipped quiver. I do not recall if gold had to be in the top level of your backpack to send it to the bank or use it to buy stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if this was why.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I don't know what to do...

I have been trying, for two days, to get this wonderful program working with full auto fisherman, which is an awesome script. I got it first time on my other comp but I don't have access to that just now. I've made the file, run the setup, run clean UO (no addons) but I just keep getting "error loading configuration file" and I can't figure out how I got so dumb so fast.

The file, fishing_setup.txt is present, along with (shard)_(name)_aclawlite.txt and (shard)_name)_fishing.txt

I've tried to get both of the latest claw files working but the same result each time. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Make sure you're running easyuo with admin rights.  Since it works with one computer and not the other, then something is up with the setup, file locations, rights, etc.  It's really hard to diagnose all that nonsense.  Things work with easyuo for a while until something subtle changes from windows patch where rights management change a little bit.

Look at the contents of the 2 files generated by the script to make sure that everything actually exists where it should.  Especially the contents of the (shard)_(name)_aclawlite.txt  file.  If the file referenced in this doesn't exist, then you won't load anything.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
One other thing I remembered that's helped EasyUO in the past is to move the whole easyuo/scripts directory to somewhere where the pathname is shorter.  I used to have all my scripts and easyuo running out of directory deep within one on my desktop and that suddenly stopped working at one point.  So I moved the whole shebang to right off my data D: drive.  You might not be able to do this with your C: without causing Windows to go into rectal flutter about rights management, etc.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Make sure you're running easyuo with admin rights.  Since it works with one computer and not the other, then something is up with the setup, file locations, rights, etc.  It's really hard to diagnose all that nonsense.  Things work with easyuo for a while until something subtle changes from windows patch where rights management change a little bit.

Look at the contents of the 2 files generated by the script to make sure that everything actually exists where it should.  Especially the contents of the (shard)_(name)_aclawlite.txt  file.  If the file referenced in this doesn't exist, then you won't load anything.

Admin rights: check yes, it was set that way but....I just realized I had updated to the latest EasyUO and I don't know which I was running on the old computer. I will look into that.

The aclawlite file didn't generate so, finally on my last try I made the file myself but that didn't help either. The save file generates just fine from Fisherman but then fisherman says it's waiting for aclaw to initialize. Both are running.

Ok, I'm going to take everything out, shut down the computer and then remove the junk and such when I restart and see if that's the culprit. What fun. I will let you know if I find a solution in case someone else has the problem.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
You might try my move easyUO and scripts idea too.  If that pointer file isn't being created, then there's something preventing the file creation and that can be pathname length or Windows just being all "uppity".

For me, I just have everything including EasyUO up on one of my share drives Z:\scripts (Including the EasyUO.exe file I use)  I just tested it an hour ago, and all is working OK.  And that's after I enabled a bunch of Windows restrictions and had to go back and allow a bunch of programs to access certain directories.  Something changed in the last patch or 2 of Windows that made folder-based file access a PITA.  It has to do with a zero-day vulnerability.  It's not exactly that one, but it has to do with your download directory allowing the execution of code by searching for "writable" directories in your registry.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-patches-vulnerability-lets-attackers-gain-elevated-access-windows
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 04:44:11 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
If you are using Windows 10, you might look over at the very lower-right corner of your screen to see if you have any notifications.  In there there might be some rights management blocking actions that might be a clue if something is being actively filtered.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
If you are using Windows 10, you might look over at the very lower-right corner of your screen to see if you have any notifications.  In there there might be some rights management blocking actions that might be a clue if something is being actively filtered.

My EasyUO runs from Program Files (x86) which I was not having a problem with. Here's the latest: I restarted my computers after resetting my router.

About the same, but now I do get the files created but when I load them, which they do without complaint, they're blank.

Yes, something is preventing it from being written to, although the fisherman config saves, no problem. Claw says the setup is loaded and everything is fine, just blank. I will check permissions on that directory and see what happens.

I hesitate to change location just now, but I will as a last resort. I'll let you know what happens.

Update: I moved the directory to the C:\ drive so not it's just C:\ EasyUO. Both Fisherman and Claw return positive results when they start up. "Setup loaded" etc. but the Claw setup is blank. Now, the latest is that Claw will run and Fisherman will not. *sigh* more to track down. Anyway, that's the latest.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 09:19:13 AM by CityKitty »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
You might try with just a new CLAw setup with just a few settings in that new location and see if those settings will load.  Kinda start from scratch with the rules as a test.  I did that test last night just to be sure I can load existing files as well as create new ones.

Which version of the CLAw are you using anyhow? 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
You might try with just a new CLAw setup with just a few settings in that new location and see if those settings will load.  Kinda start from scratch with the rules as a test.  I did that test last night just to be sure I can load existing files as well as create new ones.

Which version of the CLAw are you using anyhow?

I've been trying with both versions but am using the latest. So, I unchecked everything and just left gold but still "setup loaded!" and blank. Is there a minimum level? I don't recall one but this char is 85 fishing.

One of the attempts I got to the part where it told me to go to the bank but, when I got there, nothing else happened. Then I ran it again and it went all the way through, I believe. Both of the special files were created.

I went out anyway and Fisherman ran as expected, changing to my bow to fight a deepie but then just kept saying "you must wait to perform another action" at the point where I would have moved the boat closer to loot and skin. It's been saying that for the last several minutes. I've been able to loot and put my fish and shoes in the carcass, all while getting that message.

I keep trying to save the setup file to claw and it loads just fine, but it's blank. I added the items manually and it saved and loaded back in. Back to the fishing side, character is just standing there, with the same error message scrolling and won't pick up the fishing again.

Feels like it's "almost" working but not as flawlessly as it was. I will get the old computer back and have a look at these scripts on it to see what it might be.

It feels so close...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 07:12:19 PM by CityKitty »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
There have been enough changes to fishing over the years that using the bow with the FaF is hit/miss for alot of people.  That's why I recommend using magery since that still seems to be pretty bulletproof and is probably just about as quick at dispatching the serpents as archery.

If you really want to use archery, then you might experiment with using different kinds of bows.  The script was originally written before the times of elf/gargoyle/special bows so there might be a bow type or a specific attribute that's messing it up.  It's hard to tell without not being able to single-step through the code to see where it's going.

So it sounds like you got the save/load working though?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Solved one issue. Apparently, you can't use a spell channeling bow or rod. Works great with an old black slayer bow I had around. Prolly more a FAF thing, but. Now, I just have to solve the issue of cutting up the fish. I will see what I can do. Very close to working now.

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
There have been enough changes to fishing over the years that using the bow with the FaF is hit/miss for alot of people.  That's why I recommend using magery since that still seems to be pretty bulletproof and is probably just about as quick at dispatching the serpents as archery.

If you really want to use archery, then you might experiment with using different kinds of bows.  The script was originally written before the times of elf/gargoyle/special bows so there might be a bow type or a specific attribute that's messing it up.  It's hard to tell without not being able to single-step through the code to see where it's going.

So it sounds like you got the save/load working though?

I had to make my own rules because it wouldn't load the default list. I'm still having a problem with it, because not all items are looted.

On the bow issue, I may be in luck since the bow I'm using is very old, from just about the first server event after Trammel. Do you remember the black bows we had to get batteries or something for to turn them into slayers? It's a snake one. For sure magery is very reliable, as my other fisher can attest, but there's something about that satisfying "thunk" when my arrow hits the gooney...

So, now I have to figure out if claw is actually working. I haven't run long enough yet.

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Well, this is progress. It seems the whole culprit is a spell channeling bow. The same would apply to a rod too then. I'm using a store bought rod and a regular slayer bow and now it seems it's sorted out the whole way, including the MiB issue. I never did solve the issue of the blank setup file tho, since I just went ahead and set up my own. I'll have the other computer to work on so I can make comparisons.

Right now, I'll call it success and blame spell channeling for the whole mess. I'll work on the blank setup on another computer that doesn't have any of those apps on it. One caveat: The bow I'm using is old and would be before any modifications to archery. That may be why it works so well. I'll just keep a reserve on that idea.

Now time to go get some fishing gains!

Tags: Looting TrailMyx