Author Topic: Thank you and Im sorry for all the questions.  (Read 1735 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Thank you and Im sorry for all the questions.
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
Hi everyone,

Your resident newb here.  First I want to throw some big props to those who have been so patient for helping me in learning scripting, I know I could have picked something smaller and easier for my first project.  But, I want to let you guys know how much it is appreciated, all your time and knowledge being passed on to me.

I also want to apologize for my newbness and the ton of questions that you guys could have easily told me to find out on my own or use search, where I would probably find what I am looking for after hours of looking and referencing.  But you guys have shown that community is valuable to you and helping (so long as people are willing to help themselves) is important. 

So, while I am writing this script and researching what I want to do with it and you guys helping me with all my questions, I wanted to write this little letter of Thanks and Apology for you guys that are helping me so much. 

I truly hope one day to be a great contributor to this community and this is the start I was trying for, learning and wonderful teachers such as yourselves.

Thank you so much.

and one day I will make a signature!

~Coragin
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you and Im sorry for all the questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
I accept the letter of thank you and deny the letter of apology.  We actually get excited to see people asking questions and making an effort like you are.  In fact the site would start to die out if it weren't for fun projects and questions to help.  It is really rewarding when you see folks start to release things to the community that was supporting them.

I was in the same position as you about a year ago... maybe slightly more.  I could change id's and scan ranges... that was about it.  I would try to read code like TM's and get a headache.  The communitie's patience with me was amazing.  I also felt guilty of asking so many questions but my assumption that i was an inconvience was wrong.  I am sure someone will make a joke about that part but it is true. 

Anyways keep up the great work.  As long as you keep doing work too, no one really gets upset!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Thank you and Im sorry for all the questions.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
I agree with C2, no apologies necessary.  We love helping people who what to help themselves.  We might be a bit short with those people who just want it all handed to them, but you obviously have taken it upon yourself to make things happen.  For those people, we'll bend over backwards to help out given available time.

But glad you like the site and thank you for the thanks!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: