Author Topic: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs  (Read 94909 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 12:47:31 PM »
+1
Sure! I meant a System generated message that one could scan for if the sub was told to use a rune position that wasn't populated. So if I have 5 runes in the book and I say "gosub TM_TravelFromRuneBook %Method 6 6 %Runebook" would there be a System message that could be scanned for when the sub returned #TRUE. Sounds like there wouldn't be.

This is how I've been addressing the follow-up error checking when the sub returns #TRUE, scanning the journal to figure out why it's #TRUE and coding appropriate responses.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »
+1
Well it gives the message when a new default location is set.  If that message isn't able to be found you know that there was either an error, or the location is empty.  I'm going to be using these subs for the script I'm writing that goes around shopping, but didn't want to have to specify how many runes are in each book.  I may just give it a minor tweak though and scan for that message that the new default location was checked.  If it wasen't found I'll just consider the current book empty and move onto the next.

Been so busy lately I'm so confused on my script projects lol!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 08:33:21 PM »
+1
If a location is blocked the next location will be tried until success.

Same for RandomRundbookTravel? Is random only book ID or can you use the book name?

Code: [Select]
gosub TM_RandomRunebookTravel RE 1 16 BANKS ; or has to be XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 06:53:33 AM »
+1
Check, one, two, three.... aaaaaassssshhhhh, aaaaaassssshhhhh

Is this thing on?

Does random travel keep randomizing if the first location is blocked? And, do you have to use the runebooks ID with random travel or can you use a runebook name?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »
+1
yup, no smarts to it.  since location can become unblocked, then you probably don't want to seal it out.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:12:34 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »
+1
Hiya TM, thanks for this great Script, it's definitely helped in completing my World Traveler script.  Are there any plans to include traveling from runebook charges?  My WT script has checks for if runebook charge usage is selected, and scroll charging and scroll restocking.  If there are a few simple additions that I could add, I'd appreciate a little push in the right direction there.

One other thing, I noticed a small mistake in the TM_TravelFromRunebook sub. The line directly under "WaitforTravel_loop1:" is:

"gosub TM_AdvJournalScan SPELLCAST VALID location_is_blocked something_is_blocking you_spirit_lacks"

The bold red should probably be 'your'.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »
+1
Hiya TM, thanks for this great Script, it's definitely helped in completing my World Traveler script.  Are there any plans to include traveling from runebook charges?  My WT script has checks for if runebook charge usage is selected, and scroll charging and scroll restocking.  If there are a few simple additions that I could add, I'd appreciate a little push in the right direction there.

No plans at the moment.  That comes from my gameplay really.  I always kept a char with ample skill to perform travel with skill and I never used scrolls.

One other thing, I noticed a small mistake in the TM_TravelFromRunebook sub. The line directly under "WaitforTravel_loop1:" is:

"gosub TM_AdvJournalScan SPELLCAST VALID location_is_blocked something_is_blocking you_spirit_lacks"

The bold red should probably be 'your'.

Indeed, I've had that fixed forever in my internal version, but somehow I managed to never publish that particular "feature".  Thanks for reminding me!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 04:49:32 AM »
+1
Good catch on that one SS. I never noticed it because I have never used the Gate functionality but I have had a person running my miner on Siege that has had some issues and I wonder if that's why (been too busy to look into it, I have brought shame unto the names of my fathers').

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »
+1
I read the instructions, I didnt see anything on if this supports gate travel.  Does it?

If so, what is the syntax for it instead of recall?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
+1
The argument "GA" will perform gate travel.  There is also "RE" and "SJ".  Sorry, no scrolls.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
+1
Code: [Select]
;     gosub TM_TravelFromNamedRunebook GA 1 2 LUMBERJACKING1 ; gate using LUMBERJACKING1 runebook starting at rune 1
Reading FTW!!!  I dont know how I missed that.  Sorry.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2009, 10:15:02 AM »
+1
Scroll use would be cool to have with this, then it would truly be the complete travel script.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »
+1
Superslayer has already modified his copy to use them.  I've had enough requests that I'm thinking about adding them officially.  It's on the task list.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »
+1
Superslayer has already modified his copy to use them.  I've had enough requests that I'm thinking about adding them officially.  It's on the task list.  ;)

Did I ever send you my mod on that?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »
+1

Did I ever send you my mod on that?

Yes you did.  Thanks for that!
Come play RIFT with me!