Author Topic: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs  (Read 108523 times)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »
So, if my line currently reads like this:

Code: [Select]
   gosub TM_TravelFromRuneBook %XIIxMiningMethod %currentposition %currentposition %XIIxMiningRunebook
[code]

Where do i stick the '2'?  Before the first %currentposition?

[/code]

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
You have to go down into the TM_TravelFromRuneBook sub and locate the TM_NewCastSpell routine that matches with your travel method.  Totally untested....  I haven't touched EUO in months now.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:21:40 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
So I dusted off an old script that has version 2.6 of the subs and it does not increment and move to the next rune position. Did something change? I notice by reading this whole thread that others encountered the same thing but did not really post any solutions.

Any ideas?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »
You'll probably need to dive into the step-by-step of the subs.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 04:42:54 AM »
Found the problem - it was not your subs!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 07:35:21 AM »
Found the problem - it was not your subs!

Doh!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
I was just disecting these subs today for grins and giggles (I want to take a stab at my own versions) and I just wanted to throw kudos out for this little gem:

Code: [Select]
set !runeclickx ( #CONTPOSX + !runeclickx + ( 35 * ( ( !locindex - 1 ) / 2 ) ) )
Is this your algorithm or is it borrowed? I suck at stuff like this, I'd really like to get better. I was thinking of something similar for my standard crafter sub but wasn't quite sure how to execute it.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »
Oh yeh, that's totally mine.  I remember writing those functions and computing those things.  Anyhow, thanks for the kudos.  I love coming up with sexy equations.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2011, 08:41:44 AM »
Oh yeh, that's totally mine.  I remember writing those functions and computing those things.  Anyhow, thanks for the kudos.  I love coming up with sexy equations.
You also finally got me to finally understand the MOD operator. Now that I "get it" that seem's like the only way to efficiently decide what page my location is on (odd or even).

It's doubtful that I'll come up with anything original to call my own; I've decided that I can't use your algorithm unless I can come up with it on my own without influence from your code but your code is all I can think about now lol.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »
Since EUO is an integer-based language, the MOD operator is essential.  Anyhow, you are welcome to use whatever snippets of my code that you want.  I'm not all that anal about it.  I certainly didn't patent that method, and probably unintentionally came up with the same idea as 20 other scripters.  *shrugs*
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »
Since EUO is an integer-based language, the MOD operator is essential.  Anyhow, you are welcome to use whatever snippets of my code that you want.  I'm not all that anal about it.  I certainly didn't patent that method, and probably unintentionally came up with the same idea as 20 other scripters.  *shrugs*
I don't want to totally OT this thread but I wanted to check in to say "Success!", I managed to come up with something and really expand my inderstanding of what you mean by MOD being essential, etc. I have been super-inspired and am pretty excited with my equation.

One of the reasons I keep coming back here is because I'm constantly challenged. For years now I haven't even attempted going after something like a standardized Travel sub out of sheer intimidation. I don't know if my yet unfinished sub/s will work as well but it's been a great learning experience already and I am finding that I can certainly figure it out after all.

Thanks, real good stuff man!

X

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »
Hey cool, 12x.  Really that's why I keep running this place is for people to come and learn and possibly be inspired at some level or another.

It's fun when you get to start using your core routines to stitch together some pretty amazing scripts.  Hope your inspiration continues and I look forward to more and more complex scripts!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
Thank you for this... Helped me out a lot in some recall subs...

Cheers
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2011, 09:15:21 AM »
I suddenly realized today why this wasn't incrementing on failures in my Miner and, incidentally, why you have a !locindex AND a !locindexend LOL. Sometimes it's the simplest things that elude me. This newfound knowledge addresses a long-term issue I've had with the Miner, just about in time for me to give my own Travel sub a whirl anyhow *sigh* although I'm not QUITE there with that yet so...

One question, I notice that you only include KEF_OTF_JEF in your Gate types list - have you found this to be a complete list on OSI? I only ask as there are dozens if you look up "Moongate" on the Easyuo.com Itemlist DB but we all know how accurate this can be sometimes. Has anyone using Gate with this sub ever run into issues?

Anyhow, thanks as always.

X

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
Set %GateType OTF_JEF_KEF  ; Regular Gates _ SP Gates

gosub TM_TravelFromRuneBook %TravelMethod 1 1 %RunebookID
       if %TravelMethod = GA
       GoSUB GetRidOfMyGate

SUB GetRidOfMyGate
    if %TravelMethod = GA
   {