Author Topic: Random thoughts about my pvm script.  (Read 32362 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts about my pvm script.
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 09:53:54 AM »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
Maybe something like

Code: [Select]
findItem %monsterID G_1
if #findCnt > 1 && %useMomentumStrike = TRUE
{
turn on momentum strike
}
So if you have more then 1 on the monster listing within one tile of you AND you have elected to use momentum strike, then it'll toggle it on. I use it more then Whirl Wind because I kill stuff too quickly to have more then about 2-3 on me at any time. It's REALLY nice when doing Doom to take out the undead that pop up when your whacking on the DF.

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking.  I'll make it togglable with a switch on the menu.  :)  Also, I was considering doing a double list for choosing which monsters to attack.  Like a primary search, for harder monster, and a secondary search, with some kind of weighting system.  Not sure how that will turn out tho.

Here's what I've found... Wait until you kill something to cast EoO. I know it sounds wrong, but if you honor something, then kill it, you'll get the mana/hp/stamina bump from the honored kill, which *should* give you the mana needed to get off the EoO. Of course this works for farming, but on a boss you'd need to keep EoO up at all times.

That's how it works a lot in the script now.  I've got some pretty strict requirements on the casting of EOO because I don't have the skill to cast it 100 percent, and that casting spam can get you killed in the middle of a fight.  But what you're saying makes a LOT more sense.  Maybe cast it RIGHT when the monster dies... :)  Good idea.  That way if your target changes also, you're not getting owned because you had EOO active for something else... :)  I've also got a key "f2" set to recast EOO if you need to on the run.  I'm thinking about adding monster scanning also, so that if you change TARGETS it ll recast.  Maybe also a target check to see if your target changes for recast.

; Thanks Cerveza for the little tidbit about putting underscores on gotos to make them stand out.
; Helpfull little tip there.  I changed them all to that format for easy reading of script.
Doesn't that help a LOT? Of course with SUO it's easy enough to jump around... but I think the little _ really makes those goto's standout.

I'm looking forward to playing around with this. Put a "bot" healer behind me and see what all I can do ;)

With a bot healer, you could do most anything, especially if that bot will remove curse and cure... :)  I turned on Str/Dex pots yesterday and they worked perfectly.  So healing/curing pots would be great also.  Right now I'm working on casting, I think I've convinced myself that I must use EN's buffbar scanner I was just having troubles deciding HOW to use it best.  It annoyed me having it constantly scan the bar, but if you scan to check successfull cast?  That would be nice...  I want recasting in for templates that don't use enough skill to cast some spells 100 percent... and the buff bar scanning is the ONLY way to be 100 percent positive you cast say, EOO, or Divine...  So I think I'll have to use it.  In a fast paced situation, the mana check isn't reliable enough... cause what happens if you're using a FAST ass weapon, and you cast but your swing hits before the script can tell you cast and wasted mana?  You cast again, and sometimes that can get stuck in a loop where you are hitting at the right time to trigger an unsuccessfull cast OVER and OVER. :)  So scanning the bar after a cast might be my only option.  And no I'm not talking bad about the buff bar scanner, it's a GREAT piece of code... but I just cant get used to the clicking it has to do on the bar...  Plus I dont like having to use 2 scripts... maybe EN will give me permission to sub it??? :)  I'm using a personal version here to test it.  Haven't got it where I want it tho.  The version I put up for you might not work great either.  If you want one without recast ability, it works 100 percent perfect as long as you DO NOT NEED the spells to recast... :)  That's the way this script shines...

I'd LOVE to hear suggestions on making casting of EOO and Divine 100 percent reliable when recasting.  Say you have 70 skill, and making it recast as fast as possible while ALWAYS triggering a successfull cast when it casts...  mana check just isn't cutting the mustard.  And I LOVE my template where it's at.  I don't want to have to do what I need to get 90-95 Chiv...  I'm at what I think if a perfect blend of Chiv, necro, ss, tactics, and anat...  I have GREAT jewels too that raise my necro and ss while giving me all the defense, damage, resist and things I need...  Plus if I go all the way and make the script REQUIRE certain levels of things, it just becomes cookie cutter... :/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:08:33 PM by Scripty »

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
just a random thought Twinkle McNugget maybe use a scanjournal that looks for like Eoo and other pally spells then casts at an interval
would be like going into battle say the spells you want and it starts casting as you rush in that way no hotkey to break your pattern
could use the buffbar subs i'm playing with not very hard at all
if #enemyid NOT n/a
gosub castspells
or some such

Scrripty

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »
Hey, the script is posted a page or two back.  Take a look at it before you clutter the thread. :)  I've pretty much tried everything you can for spell casting to get it right.  The ONLY 100 percent way to cast a chiv spell and be SURE it's cast is to scan the buffbar.  Unless you want to do error checking and all that.  Like a timeout.  But in a FAST paced situation like top tier pvm, you just can't do that.  Say you're fighting Lady M with a dexer.  Do you want to have to wait for a spell to finish spamming out on a timer or do you want to have that spell cast EXACTLY once and no more? :)  See what I'm saying?  scanjournal doesn't even come close to cutting it for the way I'm using it.  I've tried and looked at most every way I cant think of.  That's the FIRST posted version on SUO, it's WAY farther along than what is posted in this thread tho.

just a random thought Twinkle McNugget maybe use a scanjournal that looks for like Eoo and other pally spells then casts at an interval
would be like going into battle say the spells you want and it starts casting as you rush in that way no hotkey to break your pattern
could use the buffbar subs i'm playing with not very hard at all
if #enemyid NOT n/a
gosub castspells
or some such

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »
hmm didnt realise that ocr was that slow m8.

Scrripty

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »
hmm didnt realise that ocr was that slow m8.

It has nothing to do with the speed of OCR. :)  The issue is finding a 100 percent reliable way of KNOWING when a spell is cast.  And with EOO and Divine Fury... most of the chiv spells actually, it's a pain.

Scrripty

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 03:37:05 AM »
Another little update.  

Code: [Select]
;v0.96
; September 4 2009
; Added many new options to the main menu.  DCI display, HCI display, HPI display, FC/FCR, and
; Damage Inc displays.  All update only at BEGINNING of script.  So if you change suits or jewels
; you MUST restart the script.  I'm CONSIDERING using a SECOND menu for the script.  Yes, you
; read that right.  A second menu.  I've come up with a novel idea that is fun and interesting.
; We'll see how that works out, I have tons of ideas, but only implement half of them. :)  Oh yea
; I also added Spirit Speak to the menu and it works.  It's NOT TESTED yet.  SO use at your own
; risk.  It WILL work tho.  Just not sure how well.  It's set to cast at !EmergencyHealthPercent
; I BELIEVE.  Try if you want. :)   With all the info I'm gathering with the script it will be fun
; to use it to farm data about use over time.  I'm going to look more into it now that I'm getting
; more data.  I'd like to do things like scan monster hits in the ls sub, and see if there's a way
; to calc average damage per minute/hour, that sort of thing.  We'll see what comes of it. :)  Fun
; stuff right thur. :)  I want to get that damn Swap Weapon button working and COUNTER ATTACK next.
; Oh yea, while I was working on Spirit Speak I noticed that Remove Curse was NOT working like it
; was intended.  So I changed it to cast only when your strength dropped below your max strenth.
; Like it was intended.  And only whenyou're ABOVE emergency health.  :)  Damn what was I doing?

; Ok here it is.  Feint.  You set this to 1000 for every SECOND.  So 8000 = 8 seconds.  I set it
; to 8 seconds because it goes off a LOT and it's PRETTY expensive mana wise.  Sometimes it
; SEEMS to use double mana... not sure what that's about, but it shouldn't be doing that if you
; are only toggling it every 6 seconds... anyways, 8 seconds works with my template.  Your mileage
; will DEFINATELY vary, so tweak it.  :)  Oh yea, to USE feint, you must EQUIP a feint weapon, then
; set the feint menu item to CHECKED, and select either PRIMARY or SECONDARY from the specials
; menu drop down list.  The script will automatically know you are using feint and lightning strike
; in between feints.
SET !FeintTime 8000
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:41:52 AM by Scripty »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 04:04:24 AM »
I noticed bandages weren't firing?

Had a couple close calls with my ole buddy Miasma. Everything else working pretty well. No bandages though, selected on the menu. Had a couple instances when I wasn't being attacked and Consecrate kept firing. I'll look at the #enemyID stuff. If your using

if #enemyID = N/A

Then there may be a problem as it sometimes fails to clear, or it's active due to a snake targeting you from the other side of a building or something.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2009, 06:31:46 AM »
I noticed bandages weren't firing?

Had a couple close calls with my ole buddy Miasma. Everything else working pretty well. No bandages though, selected on the menu. Had a couple instances when I wasn't being attacked and Consecrate kept firing. I'll look at the #enemyID stuff. If your using

if #enemyID = N/A

Then there may be a problem as it sometimes fails to clear, or it's active due to a snake targeting you from the other side of a building or something.

I did mention there's some casting issues right?  I've been playing with casting a LOT because as a dexer char fighting larger monsters solo, it's pretty important you cast each spell ONCE and ONLY until successfull.  So I've been playing with different ways to do that.  I FINALLY got a sure fire way to cast Curse Weapon every time now.  I do a repeat...until loop using TM's badass journal scanner and when until #result = #true, then I just keep going, reset the Curse timer, and off she goes.  Hasn't failed to cast it once yet since I made the change.  Consecrate shouldn't be refiring like that unless you're using an old version.  Did you get cerv.txt that I put up for you?  I'll go back through the #enemyid stuff because I do use it a lot.  I had noticed some wonkiness with it before and didn't really do anything because I've been wracking my BRAIN trying to come up with a sure fire way to cast EOO successfully ONLY once without using the buff bar scanner.  But I'm thinking I have to use it, the only sure fire way to tell is the buff bar...  Once that's done, I'll use the buff bar to check everything I can to see if cast, so I can have recast ability in the script for people who need it...  I wanted to make this more of a sandbox type toy but I don't think it will be possible if I want to make it work REALLY well as a sammy/wammy type script...  so targetted specific type script it is!  Bandages should work fine in my version here, and I'm playing with adding Claw support now...  So it will be FULLY auto.  Then I'm going to work on the logic, casting EOO, recasting when new monster, multi monster... all that.  It's tough adding things now cause I REALLY have to worry about how they affect the performance of the script in general.  Ugh.  When you try this new version, use a leafblade and tell me how awesome my feint implementation is... I think you'll love it. haha  Miasma doing half damage is a total joke.  I don't go below -10 hits usually when fighting it with feint. :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:49:09 AM by Scripty »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »
So scanning the bar after a cast might be my only option.  And no I'm not talking bad about the buff bar scanner, it's a GREAT piece of code... but I just cant get used to the clicking it has to do on the bar...  Plus I dont like having to use 2 scripts... maybe EN will give me permission to sub it???

Simple answer is NO.   I have reasons for wanting my BuffBar as a callable sub only. One of which is that the icons are updated occasionally as i will be doing shortly for the expansion, but thiers other reasons as well.  So please for any scripts that are  posted or otherwise distributed please do not include my subs or derivaties of them in your scripts instead refer people to one of the 2 spots ive designated for download (Scriptuo or EUO)

NOTE:   You wont have 2 scripts running its a callable sub and speed tests will prove to you that callable subs run as fast as anything in your original file. (You only need to open your original file.)

I did play with but didnt finish testing a version that didnt have to reopen the buff bar if the Buffbar gump was on top it provides a slight speed increase and lessens the flashing (Note the script does not click the bar).  I think i posted that version up on the EUO boards .. search under JosephAJ scripts.

You might also want to try ramping the LPC up high .. to makde journal scanning more timerly.  In my buffbar scanner to get teh speeds it does with the slow intensive pixel scanning i set #LPC 9999
LPC = lines per cycle.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 07:44:28 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »
So scanning the bar after a cast might be my only option.  And no I'm not talking bad about the buff bar scanner, it's a GREAT piece of code... but I just cant get used to the clicking it has to do on the bar...  Plus I dont like having to use 2 scripts... maybe EN will give me permission to sub it???

Simple answer is NO

Yea I didn't think you would, I was just thinking out loud.  I have been WRACKING MY BRAIN to come up wit a sure fire way to recast EOO, but it's near impossible to do it ONE HUNDRED PERCENT RELIABLY.  Curse is easy as it has a journal entry and TM's journal scanner catches it 100 percent at least for me...  If I just scan the buff bar a couple times while casting EOO, that SHOULD make it very unobtrusive in the script.  But I'm still undecided.  That will make THREE scripts I'll need to distribute. haha  It's becoming a monster.  I've made a secondary menu that uses a namespace to keep track of worthless data... Not even sure I'll distribute it, but it's nice in that it helps you find glaring problems with your suit/template.  It's definately interesting to see the info. :)  SO YOU KNOW EN:  I don't and have NEVER had a problem with the timliness of the BUFFBAR!  I don't know why I keep getting messages about that! hahah  I don't think I explained myself when I first tried the buffbar scanner,  I was scanning for oath so the script would eat an apple.  Simple enough, but the amount of times I want to scan for oath makes that flickering just too annoying for me.  It's just a personal preference, not a problem with your script.  :)  If I only wanted to scan something once per second, say like if EOO is cast, it's GREAT for that.  I'm definately going to check out the other version tho. :)  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 06:49:04 AM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2009, 09:46:19 AM »
Thurday is picture day! :)  Thought I'd update for anyone keeping tabs on this.  I'm almost too the point now where I'm going to show some love to the blues names like me on ScriptUO.  I'm going to have 3 versions of the script I think.  There's going to be the release version, the best features will be ripped out.  Sorry guys.  This is a personal decision.  I don't feel it's right to just give people the ability to farm 24/7.  It messes with the UO economy and makes life harder on the people who took the time to learn to script.  It's easy to do JUST LEARN. :)  Then there will be an "approved" or "elite" version, that I hope ScriptUO will host.  And then there will be MY version. :)  That I will continue to develop and only update with irregular updates when I come up with something that definately needs to be added.  What I'm going to do, is make a feature request right here.  Anything people would LOVE to see in a script of this nature.  Nothing to big or too small.  For everyone who comes up with a CREDITED idea that gets used in the script, I'll give you a copy of the NEWEST version PROVIDING you agree to keep it to yourself.  And I will ALSO credit you on the menu and in the script. :)  If I find that the script is being distributed, it will be the LAST version I give out to anyone. :)  I feel strongly about not flooding the marketplace with 24/7 type farming scripts.  I have actually noticed people out and about using old versions, which is fine.  The person I test with laughs when she sees an old version with Consecrate spamming out. :)  So hopefully this gets a few people excited about using this, let the ideas come in.  I ran the script on a newly formed character so people could see the menu when you don't have the skill in something to cast 100 percent.  Anything yellow means it's USEABLE, anything green means you can cast it 100 percent.  White is still not implemented.  

Ok, new features!  Cerv doesn't like UO Titlebar displays, so I added an option on the menu to disable/enable it, mental note to select it by default as ON. :)  I added spirit speak, but it's not tested, and I don't use it, just thought someone might, and I had menu space for it.  I have no idea why remove curse is on the bushido menu, but it aint moving.  Pain in the rear.  :)  There's a ton of casting changes, I messed with casting for a LONG time, and I fixed most spell spamming, now everything SHOULD only cast once, and only when needed.  Accounting for FCR is in, and I THINK I might scrap it, and move to a more dynamic casting "trainer" that will teach the script to account for your fc/fcr while you fight a monster or two.  Then you will be able to "commit" your timings.  Not sure how that will work, I'm thinking about it a lot though.  

SECONDARY MENU!   Credit for this goes to Cerv and his Gbot.  I just thought, wow, there's not enough menu space for all the info I'd LOVE to see on this script, and I was thinking, why in the hell doesn't easyuo have the ability to initialize a second menu.  But hello!  It does. :)  So I'm making a secondary menu with all SORTS of useless info.  As of writing this, it will keep track of gold use per chiv spell, total gold use, and USAGE COUNT for each spell... most every menu item has a counter now tho.  I am going to add things like usage percentage bar.  So you can see how much each spell is being used compared to others.  Mana usage.  Casts/minute.  Per/hour.  Will be fun, and might help debug holes in templates.  It should allow you to do things like tweak the script to keep evade up more, or find out if confidence is casting as often as it should.  In theory that's what I'm hoping anyways.  If not, it's just fun useless info to look at. :)  Plus you don't have to run it if you don't like it!  I love that.  Anyways, here's a look at both menu's.  The secondary menu is preliminary and subject to change for sure. :)  I'm also hoping to add the ability to adjust spell timings on the fly from the new menu... just an added bonus to having it running. :)  Be so nice to just type in a number and hit add or something to adjust timers for the script...  shouldn't be too hard to make that a reality. 

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:04:16 AM by Scripty »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »
Keeping those stats is really going to help out when tweaking a template/armor/weapon.

I'd love to test out the latest, looks like this weekend is out of the question though... EUO won't be updated in time. Maybe next week or something.

Scrripty

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »
Keeping those stats is really going to help out when tweaking a template/armor/weapon.

I'd love to test out the latest, looks like this weekend is out of the question though... EUO won't be updated in time. Maybe next week or something.

Well I also upgraded evade.  It SHOULD go off instantly now when your health gets to !emergencyhealthpercent.  I'm hoping it works as I intended it now.  As a safeguard when you get low.  With how big the scripts gotten I haven't really been keeping up with some of the things I'd envisioned for it.  I'm getting back to that now.  Curse Weapon casts ON time EVERY time now.  Evade should go off EXACTLY when it's needed now.  Spells don't spam out.  Or SHOULDNT.  All the specials work EXCEPT momentum strike.  Momentum isn't high on my priority list, but I know some people want it badly.  So I'll add it soon, but I want to improve funtionality by a factor of 10 before I add anymore real features.

Scrripty

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2009, 05:45:37 PM »
Here ya go Cerv.  Bandages working as advertised.  I didn't test them at all when I put them in.  They work now.  Tons and TONS of new funtionality.  Mostly behind the scenes stuff.  Like adding the debug mode like you requested.  That's in.  Some of it isn't working how I'd like, so I might not upload till tomorrow.  But evade and curse weapon.  Omg evade...  :)  Evade wasn't working EXACTLY how I wanted.  And it should... I've been testing as much as I can on Lexia, but until I get chiv and parry up, I cant really do high end fighting...  I've been working a TON on the backend of the script, tightening up everything I can.  The lightning strike sub was cut in half.  The main sub list was cut in half.  That should speed the script up by 2/3rds I'm hoping.  Spells should fire faster.  Specials should hit more... evade was added to the specials sub, so it will fire INSTANTLY now when you get low.  I'm going to turn off emergency confidence I think...  Yea the script is fairly amazing now in how it works.  If you're keeping tabs on this project, a free version will be released soon.  A lot of the advanced stuff will be ripped out, but the basic functionality will be in.  Including lightning strike.  I wont be releasing feint with it.  Sorry for anyone waiting on that. :)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:48:20 PM by Scripty »

Tags: