Author Topic: How to Tell the difference between live bonded pets & DEAD ??  (Read 4048 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
How to Tell the difference between live bonded pets & DEAD ??
« on: August 21, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
I'm working on a script that interacts with pets and such but having a problem telling if a bonded pet is alive or dead.  I can check the #finddist / #findrep  and such but can anyone think of a quick way to determine if the pet is a ghost or not?  I realize I can do this with Health bars and such, but scanning for life on a health bar isn't particularly quick.  Perhaps some skill or item that's quick to use that might give a useful journal msg (easily scannable...--Journal Sub THX TM!) and such ??

Exampe.. Say I want a script that will Target any opposing Faction mount / Dreadmare in range with whatever spell I have a cursor up for...   I'm just looking for an easy way to tell if the mounts already dead or not...

THX.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Tell the difference between live bonded pets & DEAD ??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »
Does #findcol do the trick?  Since it's a greyish color it may change the find color value.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 01:44:03 PM »
Hmm... that's a good idea.  I totally forgot about #findcol ... I've never really used it. 

*tries it*

Apparently it returns 0 reguardless of alive / ghost ...  It actually returns numbers and such for my runebooks / weapons but no luck with pets...

I'll have to think about it some more.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
The only other thing I can think of is to pull the gump and see if the hits are at zero.  Otherwise, the journal scan idea is a good way to go because you'll get different spam by resurrecting a dead vs. live pet.  But it requires you to do it once on anything.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
BINGO...

Animal lore...  Very quick Skill Re-Use Timer and returns something about Not being useful on Spirits if the Target is a ghost...

-Animal lore Target
-Check for Journal Msg Result of Spirit Msg. #true / #false etc..
-Proceed accordingly

Hmm... I think that would work.  I'll have to play with it and check the speed etc. 

Thx all...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Ah yes, great idea!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
KalOCR can do it... but you'd need to keep the window visible for the OCR to work.

Lore you can do it anytime.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
Lore/Journal Scan is definitely the way to go here. As soon as I saw the title I knew the answer =P (Mainly cuz I was trying to make a "Guild Bot" script that would sit in a house, rez people, rez pets, gate people, etc. and this was the method I was using for finding dead pets!)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 11:01:59 PM »
Lore/Journal Scan is definitely the way to go here. As soon as I saw the title I knew the answer =P (Mainly cuz I was trying to make a "Guild Bot" script that would sit in a house, rez people, rez pets, gate people, etc. and this was the method I was using for finding dead pets!)

OT:
Did you ever finish this Guild Bot, if yes would you share it ?

thx

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 04:02:48 PM »
OT:
Did you ever finish this Guild Bot, if yes would you share it ?

thx

Sadly, I never did finish it. It was in bits and pieces when I got a new comp and sold my old laptop and unfortunately a few chunks disappeared when transferring everything. I still have some bits of it, but not enough time to put it all together. I've been trying to keep up maintaining my other scripts and writing a few minors ones here or there for guildmates, but not really any time to do major projects (other than the Imbueing Trainer I'm currently working on). If someone such as yourself wanted to take the project on, I can give you some guidance and some script snippets (though it'd probably be easier to start from scratch) so that we could get it up and running. Just let me know!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: