0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • acidburn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
hiya
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:50:33 AM »
so started playing uo way back when and am just getting back into it.
did a uni course with programming so thought I'd take a break from drinking and actually come here to code something.
we shall see.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: hiya
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »
so started playing uo way back when and am just getting back into it.
did a uni course with programming so thought I'd take a break from drinking and actually come here to code something.
we shall see.

I've seen it said before that EasyUO isn't programming (even saw that once on EasyUO itself).  However I totally disagree with that.  You exercise your mind in the same basic way and also utilize much of the same syntax.  EasyUO is neat because there's always a project to tackle.  Part of the problem with many people wanting to learn to program is coming up with a project to start on.  At least with EUO, there's always something to try.  Then from there, it's just practice and pushing its limited capabilities.

Well, glad you made it here.  We're are pretty keen on scripting here, so if you have any questions, feel free to post away.  Myself or some of the other professional scripters will most likely have more advise than you might care to receive.

BTW, we have your drinking section covered too.  ;)  Although, we don't do THAT professionally YET.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »
It's funny you say that TM because I use every EUO coding project as an opportunity to practice skills that are applicable across many if not all development platforms.

And welcome AcidBurn!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
Although, we don't do THAT professionally YET.

Speak for yourself :P

Tags: