Author Topic: G'day to all  (Read 2809 times)

Offline AcolyteTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Acolyte has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
G'day to all
« on: November 27, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
Hi there folks,
Been around quite a few places (including EasyUO) and seeing projects such as Ultima# and JUltima, this one seems to be most promising, detailed and up to the task.
Haven't looked around yet, but if it's not hard, can give me a few hints related to ScriptUO?
The scripting is done with EasyUO legacy scripting or is it different? I was actually hoping that scripting is done by using C# running C#-based scripts (see UltimaSharp or Ultima# project) (as it seems, you do support euo, suo, and .NET languages, that is excellent!)
If so, have you thought about converting cryptic EUO scripts into C#?

I have developed a similar tool myself, for upcoming MMO called Armada Online, incidentally calling it AOAssist. It can be found on forums of Armada HQ. It wasn't met with much empathy, but hey, that game isn't 10+ years old like Ultima Online, they have a long way ahead of them to realize the need for such tools.

Great site, great effort and more importantly, great software here!

Aco

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:21:15 PM by Acolyte »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: G'day to all
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »
Welcome to the site.

I guess the best draw to using EasyUO is that it caters to even the most basic programmer.  There's no real programming knowledge required.  As much as I appreciate people doing scripting in the more modern and feature-filled languages such as C#, I see that EUO fills the most basic requirements for game scripting.  Simplicity.  

Once you read the ScriptUO faqs, you'll see we don't actually support code execution.  ScriptUO is more of a dedicated development environment for EasyUO.  Anyone who's developed sizeable scripts in EUO will understand how basic the UI is.  ScriptUO offers many nice features to help navigate and debug large EUO scripts.

If you are looking for dedicated C# script development, you might check out Xenoglyphs project UOMachine.  Talk of it has been squelched on EasyUO, but we freely talk about it here. 

http://uomachine.freeforums.org/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 12:01:05 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 06:12:18 AM »
Welcome to the site, and thank you for putting some time into your intro.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 07:32:49 AM »
Welcome to the site... looks like we have some new talent.

Offline AcolyteTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Acolyte has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »
Thanks all, I've actually found UOMachine and am compiling it right now to have a closer look.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 05:15:37 AM »
Thanks all, I've actually found UOMachine and am compiling it right now to have a closer look.

Once Xenoglyph gets some methods of debugging and reflection going in his editor, my days with EUO will be numbered.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: