Author Topic: Whole Book BOD Filler  (Read 56720 times)

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Whole Book BOD Filler
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »
+1
I love this script but i did have one question why does it put ten copper ingots in your bag before every bod filled?

Im being noisy lets say its filling shadow bod ive noticed it will pull out ten copper then the shadow ingots just curious if there was any sugnifgance of why it does that

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
+1
My guess is that I screwed up somewhere.  I will have to take a peek at it
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 10:41:25 AM »
+1
ment no offense sir at all.  i was just thinking the added time it took to pull the ten copper out takes off the total fill time for bods

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
+1
None taken, I always appreciate someone taking the time to watch a script enough to tell me something I can do to improve it.

I have noticed this one myself and just never bothered with it. I will try to make time to fix whatever is causing it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »
+1
None taken, I always appreciate someone taking the time to watch a script enough to tell me something I can do to improve it.

I have noticed this one myself and just never bothered with it. I will try to make time to fix whatever is causing it.
im noodlet at scripting but im good bug finder so if u need more help sir ill be more than happy to help

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • asdman has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 02:13:04 AM »
+1
Anyone wanna fix it for freeshards? not working atm.. the tinkering doesnt work

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 04:34:00 AM »
+1
Sorry, I don's support freeshards.  I will be redirecting my efforts on this and all other script to making the transition from EUO to OEUO.

-Mario Andretti

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 04:29:34 AM »
+1
Can you give any tips why its not working? I just started EUO/OEUO, tried changing the clickoffsets to match my shard but didnt help

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 04:44:49 AM »
+1
When asking for support on something the author has said is NOT supported, there's two things that are important to remember.

1 - Kiss his butt. Yep, you need to ask as nicely as possible and not make your request seem like a demand. Continued requests for help without even having the courtesy of saying "please" will get your posts deleted and send you to the timout room.

2 - Provide good information. It's your problem on a shard that the author has NEVER logged into. He has NO idea what the gumps are like, how basic functionality works or anything about your free shard. This statement:
the tinkering doesnt work
Is very little help to the author in identifying where the problem might be. When asking for help provide as much information as possible, remembering there are tools build into EUO that can assist. Hitting F7 will begin stepping through the script, running it line by line. Do that and you might spot where the script is cycling or hanging up.

Failing to follow those steps, especially #1 will get you very negative responses, and possibly a trip to the timout corner.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 04:58:27 AM »
+1
Ah yeah, to be more specific, it stumbles on gump responses aka clicking the right button, so the offsets are off for my shard.. and its a AOS/ML shard, mostly AOS. I love your script, i do play on OSI too but freeshards too, I'd be eternally gratefull for even some tips, and keep up the good work :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:01:59 AM by asdman »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »
+1
If the offset's are off on your freeshard, then you will need to find the new offset values and change the values in the script.  The offsets for making new tinker kits and for cycling the item with "Make Last Item" are hard coded into the process that makes the kits/cycles last item, so check those first.  The offsets for the items are in a sub that resets the tinker gump to the next item when you hit a skill threshold.*  You can check your gump locations by using TM's Offset Click finder script.  

Which is located here:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=505.0

*When I first read this note I thought I was looking at comments on my tinker trainer.  Ignore the line I crossed out, left there to avoid confusing anyone who had read this the first time I posted it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:35:34 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 06:33:53 AM »
+1
I just poked through the script to see what might have to be changed to make it work freeshard for you and it occurred to me that I don't know whether S7's filler works freeshard.  This won't work if that doesn't.  I believe that S7 did write it to work freeshard (He plays Alexandria), but I don't know if it works everywhere of whether he has it up to date.  You may have to change the Call line to tell his filler that you are playing freeshard, but I don't know.

Anyway, to find all of the offset's you need to change, open the script hit edit and do a find with the word "click".  I used the sub OffsetClick for all of the menu's, so you will be able to look at every click with that edit search.  Use TM's sub referenced in the previous post to check the numbers.

I just realized that I was thinking of my tinker trainer script and not the book filler. (I was looking through the right script though)  This one will be easy to fix the tinker script where the offset clicks are concerned.  The issue is going to be determining what the call line needs to look like to tell the filler that it should use freeshard gump clicks.  I have never done it, so you will probably need to give S7's instruction pages on the filler a close read.  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:36:53 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 11:34:21 PM »
+1
Thanks, got it working but dropping the bod from the book is really slow and it makes an extra item sometimes, and dragging the bod to finished bods book bugs a bit, also it makes new tongs everytime so item id's might be wrong for my shard. Ill try to tweak it more, but thanks alot for the tips.

EDIT: Got it fixed, except the dragging. Tries to drag ingots first or something.
EDIT2: Hmm, it drags the ingots back to secure after finishing a bod, any idea how i could fix that?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:13:09 AM by asdman »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 05:01:36 AM »
+1
Both issues you mention are processes in S7s BODFiller script that is called by this script.  I can't support a fix for either issue.

-Mario Andretti

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 06:07:14 AM »
+1
Had to change %ResourceSecure to true for the ingot restock to even work, i think it was false before.

Tags: