Author Topic: Hello from Hell or the day after the butchering.  (Read 3250 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Hello from Hell or the day after the butchering.
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »
Well had my surgery yesterday.  Had bone on bone and they had to do a procedure where they clean out the bone fragments then use a needle to poke holes all in the pothole to get bloodflow.  This allows bloodflow to rebuild either bone or cartalidge.  No weight bearing, not even resting my foot o nthe ground for 6 weeks.  Got out of surgery and hurt like hell, nurse gave me morphine iv push and two vicodin es, woo was I flying!  They injected my knee with cortozone like stuff that numbed it for almost 20 hours after surgery.  But when it wore off OMG!!!  I woke up in tears from the pain, Mom had to help me all the way downstairs and into the recliner where I now sit.  And to top it all off for the surgery, while I was sleeping they put in a cathidor and took it out before I woke up.  They said "I might be uncomfortable to urinate for a day or so".  Well that is the understatment of the year!  Felt like I was pissing out a river of lava and razor blades!  And its just now starting to go away.  Im sure Twinkle McNugget knows the pain  in that with what he goes through, it SUUUUUUCKS!

All in all I am in up spirits besides the obvious pain.  Thank you to all of you in my corner praying.  I thought I would be back to playing all day again, but to be honest, I cannot concentrate enough to do it.  But soon I will be, as the pain starts to get more bearable.  So dont be suprized if I do a ton of random replys to posts. 

<3 you guys, I will keep you updated.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Hell or the day after the butchering.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
Good to see you feeling better and I had faith you would now get youself back in shape and get back in game :)

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 03:20:35 PM »
Hey Coragin! I'm glad everything is working out for you. Yeah, I have a buddy who was in a car accident and had to get a cath. He said it was the worst thing to ever happen to him. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »
Atleast you're on the road to recovery! Enjoy those meds and feel better!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »
Nice work pulling the trigger. Better to bite the bullet now than continue to deal. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
Well done.  And hey - you can code and play UO while resting!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »
Hang in there Coragin! Your a braver man than I!

Good thing that "All things are temporary" especially painful things. Hopefully the pain will subside sooner than later but thankgod for modern medicine eh'?! :P

Soon this too will be a distant memory and hopefully look back on these times with a smile and be thankful their behind you.

Keep fightin' the good fight! Better times are right around the corner :)!

Look forward to more of your presence here at SUO when your up for it. Keep us updated on the healing process!

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
Seriously the penis catheter was nothing.  It was the new nurse doing it twice and failing that pissed me off.  :)  I told the next nurse "Third times a charm, you f this one up and it aint happenin again."  haha She got it first try.  It wouldn't be so bad if it was only once. haha  Try sitting down after a bone marrow biopsy tho.  You feel great till the first time you put your back against something.  haha  I feel your pain man.

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »
ouch just hurts thinkin about any of that ! hope ya have a speedy recovery!

Tags: