Author Topic: In the hope SUO parser would develop  (Read 5383 times)

Offline b@nditoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
In the hope SUO parser would develop
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »
Last summer i was looking for a way to change the colour of my hooded shroud on the RunUO freeshard in wich i play, since it's not more possible to color it through dye tubs.
I spent some time playing with client's memory addresses and i succeeded in it...... unfortunately when i tried to move or wear it, the shroud reverted to the original colour, in fact i was changing just client's memory not sending packets or hacking the server someway how should i needed ;D
(i know, quite a noobish way to tell my poor knowledge on client-server communications)

Anyway with those experiments i found many memory addresses containing much interesting variables like character coordinates or statistics (IF: resistances in status or totalgold) as those showed in easyuo as system vars.
since it was my really first attempt of C++ 'reverse engeneering' or 'cracking' as you prefer  :-\  i'm sure there are actually better techniques to find  out such things, but if you think those addresses could be helpful to you let me know and i could provide them... i'm also interested in improving my scripting skills, if you know some good way to reverse engeneer UO client's let me know please

Obviously i'm not aiming at hacking the client since i wouldn't be asking that here, but i'm interested helping developing a parser even if i have just little experiences in it as a project at school's time.

Sorry for my poor english, i'm just looking an useful way to be helpfull to this amazing community  :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:13:22 PM by b@ndito »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: In the hope SUO parser would develop
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:35:05 AM »
You should find this website of interest http://www.developuo.com/
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:38:39 AM »
Also this might be something everyone might want to check out !?

DarkLiteUO

Offline b@nditoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »
thank you, didn't know that one.