Author Topic: Summer Movies  (Read 4362 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Summer Movies
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
Some solid Summer movies advertised during the super bowl last night.

Thor: Has been advertised since this past Summer and looks pretty great.
Captain America: I wonder whether this will be set during WWII, or updated. This was the first I had seen of it.
Cowboys vs. Aliens: Has Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford.  Looks campy and cool. I love the idea.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Movies
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »
Some solid Summer movies advertised during the super bowl last night.

Thor: Has been advertised since this past Summer and looks pretty great.
Captain America: I wonder whether this will be set during WWII, or updated. This was the first I had seen of it.
Cowboys vs. Aliens: Has Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford.  Looks campy and cool. I love the idea.

I believe Captain America is still taking place during WWII.  Don't remember where I read that, but the action in the trailer last night looked to me like it was from that time period as well.
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:21:54 PM »
Captain America: The First Avenger does take place during the world world eras and will be a decent movie. I was told by some hollywood interns that this will be the best marvel remake of a comic that they have done yet.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »
Definitely looking forward to seeing Thor.

Just wish hollywood would quit holding up and get the ball rolling on a Deathlok movie.  Saw a couple years ago that they were slating to do one, but haven't seen any update in quite some time.

Yes..I'm a huge Marvel fan.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:38:21 PM »
Cowboys vs. Aliens??!?!?  I can't believe they have depleted the resource pool of good ideas, and are resorting to the "B" and "C" grade ideas.  I smell another "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Sombrero". 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
I like the idea, but my standards may be lower than yours...

Opening sooner is I am Number Four.  Not as interesting to me as the first three I posted except for young miss Agron, my latest lust.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1872698/resumephotos   She is super sexy, although I don't think still's do her justice.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 02:27:16 PM »
She is pretty sexy but I just do not like the heart shaped tattoo on her right butt cheek.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 02:45:23 PM »
See now you made me do research and I learned that she is a member of PETA and she is suddenly less attractive to me. Couple of sites say the heart tatoos are on her wrist not her butt. 

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 02:48:37 PM »
I do not think the tattoos are in any public pictures.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »
 I will stick to pictures -- they don't speak and are therfore less likely to spew nonsense...

-Mario Andretti

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 09:23:56 PM »
Cowboys vs Aliens is going to ROCK.  I'm secretly hoping for some FireFly homage, but c'mon:  Han Solo and James Bond on horseback fighting green men?  Get some!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »
Cowboys vs Aliens is going to ROCK.  I'm secretly hoping for some FireFly homage, but c'mon:  Han Solo and James Bond on horseback fighting green men?  Get some!

Sombreros vs. Bikinis - coming to a big screen near you!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: