Author Topic: Scanjournal weirdness  (Read 4411 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Scanjournal weirdness
« on: April 25, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Having some very odd results with some journal scanning, maybe someone can see something I don't.

Consider the following:

Code: [Select]
set %jindexvalue #jindex
do stuff here that puts entries in the journal

if #jindex >= %JindexValue
   {
   for %i %jindexvalue #jindex
      {
      scanjournal %i
      if :_The_Lock_Quickly_Yields in #journal || if This_does_not_appear_to_be_locked in #journal
         set %unlocked #TRUE
         }
      }
So, when this runs the value of #journal is You_are_unable_to_pick_the_lock BUT for some reason, the "if" statement is coming up as true thus setting %unlocked to #TRUE even though neither of those strings are in #journal. I have even done this in Luna hitting F7 so the value of #jindex had increased by 10 or 11 and this thing runs fine through every frigging line until it hits You_are_unable_to_pick_the_lock.

I'm going nuts here! lol.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

Re: Scanjournal weirdness
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
Where is %unlocked getting set back to #false?

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 05:56:19 PM »
Where is %unlocked getting set back to #false?
Ah good q, I only posted the portion of the loop that was applicable. It gets set to #FALSE at the beginning of the sub before entering a repeat/until that loops until the match is made in the journal.

Just very strange...I'm obviously missing somehting or there is something buggy with scanjournal.

X

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »
YOUR GOING TO KICK YOURSELF

if :_The_Lock_Quickly_Yields in #journal || if This_does_not_appear_to_be_locked in #journal

Also you {} count dont match... and what Twinkle McNugget said so i would change it to .. (Saves on lines for simple logic settings)

set %unlocked _The_Lock_Quickly_Yields in #journal || This_does_not_appear_to_be_locked in #journal
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:45:17 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
YOUR GOING TO KICK YOURSELF

Also you {} count dont match... and what Twinkle McNugget said so i would change it to .. (Saves on lines for simple logic settings)

set %unlocked _The_Lock_Quickly_Yields in #journal || This_does_not_appear_to_be_locked in #journal

I was just about to post about the extra 'if' too.  But his {} do match, they just don't line up (that was the first thing I thought was the problem)...
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »
my bad must be tired the open and close {}  count does match thier 2 of each... good night all.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:53:59 AM »
The bracket thing in there is just because I copy/pasted pieces of the actual code so I'm good on brackets BUT OMFG WTH!!?!?!?! I can't believe how many times I frigging looked at that code and didn't even look at syntax because I was so focused on the string matching and overall logic issues, ROFL! Thanks a lot guys, it's one of those things where when I look at something too much I can't even see it anymore.

Let the kicking of myself commence...

X

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:01 AM »

Let the kicking of myself commence...

Lol, classic.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »
Polishes THE BIG SHOE

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »
what is this a good kicking thing...  (rummages in garaged looking for those old steel toed Dr Martins i once owned)

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
what is this a good kicking thing...  (rummages in garaged looking for those old steel toed Dr Martins i once owned)

LOL hey I used to have a pair of those!! That's what ALL the non-conformists used to wear!

;)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 12:50:54 PM »
what is this a good kicking thing...  (rummages in garaged looking for those old steel toed Dr Martins i once owned)

LOL hey I used to have a pair of those!! That's what ALL the non-conformists used to wear!

;)

yup UNIFORM non-conformity...  funny even when rebelling we have to become a herd.

Tags: