Poll

Impressions of Season 1

5 Stars - Amongst the best shows I've seen on television
2 (40%)
4 Stars - Great show, can't wait for next season
2 (40%)
3 Stars - It was alright. I enjoyed it but didn't plan my week around watching.
1 (20%)
2 Stars - I watched some of the episodes but just couldn't get into it.
0 (0%)
1 Star - I can't believe this junk is on television. Quick, change it to ESPN the Ocho!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Falling Skies  (Read 3681 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Falling Skies
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:28:29 AM »
So, if you watched Falling Skies this season lets hear your thoughts.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Falling Skies
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:37:10 AM »
You left off a line in the poll

0 Stars - Have no clue what Falling Skies is

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:44:25 AM »
I saw the first episode and liked it pretty well.  I missed the second one (damn TiVo) and didn't pick it back up.  Too absorbed in Breaking Bad anyhow.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
A friend of mine has recommended that I see this but just like TrailMyx I have been engrossed in Breaking Bad.  Not to mention White Collar.  And then Football season starts.. WOOT!!! And then come the flurry of my fall/winter shows.

Mike and Molly
Two and 1/2 Men (Hoping it turns out okay)
Dexter
Shameless
Californication
Rules of Engagement

Those keep me pretty busy for the most part.  That and the 2 1/2 yr old running around the house.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:56:23 AM »
I have really enjoyed the show. It has breathed a new breath into sci-fi since all the other avenues have been tried. The only down side is it has been 9 episodes for season 1. Wish there had been more. Season finale was last night.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »
This would appear to be another not shown in Canada thing...sometimes I just dislike my country.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »
The web site also mentions that you can check out past episodes at www.fallingskies.com but I personally have not tried to watch them from here because I have been watching them as  they came on.

P.S. Canuker try the above link and see if you can watch them from there. There is always other options like torrents if you are into that.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »
I am stunned that it is not blocked and seems to load on my outdate browser, I shall have to watch one at home.  Thanks for the link.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 01:17:39 PM »
I gave it a 4, but I'd say more really a 3 1/2. I was pretty excited to see it but it seems to be lacking in production value to me. It's definitely not bad. But I feel like it's pretty bland lighting. Very made for TV. But overall it's a good show and I plan on catching next season.

Tags: