Author Topic: Murder in Small Town X  (Read 2642 times)

Offline SardornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sardorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Murder in Small Town X
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »
Just curious if anyone else saw this when it was on? I thought it was a great show though it did seem to be fixed to keep the most disliked person on. For those who havent seen or heard of it, it was basically Survivor meets The Mole (about 15 years before either came out). Group of people dropped in a town (full of actors) where someone is murdered and they have to figure out which of the townsfolk was the murderer. At the end of each episode, two people had to go out to get a clue and the murderer was waiting at one of the spots they had to go to, so only one came back.
Anyway, I loved that show other then the 'fixed' part (they kept the most annoying woman who was voted to go each time for 3 or 4 weeks in a row and somehow it was always the other person who was 'murdered'). Would be neat if they would come out with a spin off of that now. Discovery Channel had  something like it I think, though it wasnt as much of a 'game show' and more of an actual end of the world thing.
That or Survival in Zombie Town X! I'd watch that too!

Offline Guadah

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guadah has no influence.
  • Who farted?!
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • L%N Website
Re: Murder in Small Town X
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »
That sounds like a fun show to watch.  Would be better to do something like that IRL!

Offline SardornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sardorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Murder in Small Town X
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »
Yeah, I've heard of live shows on cruises and such where they'll do something similar, they'll put on a murder mystery show with the actors and use people from the audience for different parts without them knowing what they're doing. Always sounded fun but I never had the chance to take part in those.
There was also a show Suicide Girls Must Die, not sure what prompted me to watch that one (lots of naked women doing a calendar shoot  :o) but they did that to them too, killed them off one by one but didnt tell the final survivors that it was a set up. Not sure how real that one was though.

Tags: