Author Topic: Gold From House Placement tools  (Read 15656 times)

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Gold From House Placement tools
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:20:43 PM »
This is an old bug but has been confirmed as still working.

Many house placement tools from years ago, were converted to their current state from house deeds.  These tools, and only these old converted tools, will catch the attention of architects at the carpenters shop. 

When you walk past those npcs, text will appear about dropping the deed on the npc. This text appears through walls and if you follow the instructions and drop the deed on the npc, you will get the gold value of that old house deed.

It's a great way to get free money.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Gold From House Placement tools
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:09:09 AM »
Are you dropping the tool on the vendor?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »
yes sir. this only works if the vendor notices you are carrying one of the old tools and spits out a random text statement.  I got like 800k the other day from a tool that was once a castle deed.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 12:02:56 PM »
I made millions on this years ago and still pick up any hpt and walk by an architect (or is it real estate person) to see if a refund is due.

Offline TaskForce

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TaskForce has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:15:22 AM »
Good idea to check those.

But this is not a bug (lost knowledge maybe), since you get only the once paid deed price for the original house deed back, as intended.

Also if you happen to pick up some ancient house deeds on an IDOC - do never store them in your backpack (they will still be converted on first connection loss or logoff) or if hitting the bank. Shard transfers are also no option.

Temporary a beetle is a good place, later lock them down.

Greetings
TaskForce

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
I found out the hard way when I logged out with a small tower deed in my backpack.  :'(

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »
Good idea to check those.

But this is not a bug (lost knowledge maybe), since you get only the once paid deed price for the original house deed back, as intended.

Also if you happen to pick up some ancient house deeds on an IDOC - do never store them in your backpack (they will still be converted on first connection loss or logoff) or if hitting the bank. Shard transfers are also no option.

Temporary a beetle is a good place, later lock them down.

Greetings
TaskForce

I have an old deed in a wooden box that has been in my bank and backpack when logging out. I've had zero issues with it so far. But it's also on a shard I don't really play so I've only checked on it a few times the past decade.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:36:55 AM »
I found out the hard way when I logged out with a small tower deed in my backpack.  :'(

I did that with my spare 2-story L-shaped deed.  Boy I was mad!  At least it was my spare and didn't impact my complete collection of house deeds.  They're all gone now after I set loose my "unlock everything and demolish house" script when I quit my main accounts and all the houses.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TaskForce

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TaskForce has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »
I did that with my spare 2-story L-shaped deed.  Boy I was mad!  At least it was my spare and didn't impact my complete collection of house deeds.  They're all gone now after I set loose my "unlock everything and demolish house" script when I quit my main accounts and all the houses.

Oh, unintentionally run such a script would surely hurt ;)

Tags: