Author Topic: Born and Raised in Moonglow!  (Read 2659 times)

Offline harliquinnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • harliquinn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Born and Raised in Moonglow!
« on: February 28, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
Hello! I am 20 years old and have played UO off and on since 1999. Back then, my parents played together when a tiny log cabin was considered a "rich man's house". As my mom explains it, you had a house key. If you were killed or your key was stolen, you lost your house and everything in it.

I will tell a story that is perhaps one of my most vivid childhood memories. And by vivid, I mean traumatizing.

Back then, I dont even remember my character's name. I played on Mom's account and she always told me "STAY IN TOWN." I wanted a horse to ride so badly; Horses are my favorite animal. I would kill birds in town and around the edges and sell the meat and feathers to the butcher for chump change. Then the day came that I finally had gathered enough gold for a horse. I was given a Dun (The tan and black ones) horse and I named her. I had never been more elated as a child and as a player than I was that day.

Happily, I rode my horse all around Moonglow. I bought it apples and carrots, pears and hay, spoiled that thing rotten. I wanted to ride out into the forest, and what did I find? a bunch of players in a gang. A player who was dressed all in Red froze me and killed me in what must have been one hit. I didnt have any armor, no fighting skills (and not to mention, I was like, 8 years old.) He killed me, and killed my horse. He killed what I had worked so hard for. Almost immediately, I becan crying. Not just crying, but SCREAMING and crying. My dad, alarmed, rushed to my screen. I sat there crying and crying and not stopping. My mom scolded me for leaving town, but tried to comfort me over my dead pixel horse.

My dad took over the computer and got me rezzed, left me in town. He was already playing himself, so he rushed to my side and tried to reason with the murderer. He got my stuff back, but I couldnt afford a new horse and it would take weeks of killing chickens and plovers to earn another. So I scooped up my apples and tried to piece back together my pride, and had to start all over.

That's the end of my story. I have probably quit and come back to the game 5-6 times since then. Once Felucca and Trammel split, I felt much safer. I stick to Carebear-land, leaving Felucca to the big boys. I currently play one character on the Atlantic Shard, a Tamer primarily. I have an entire stable full of different animals and love to tame Unicorns to work on my skill. I am reasonably quiet as a player. I have one or two friends that I see from time to time, but mostly keep to myself decorating my house and hunting monsters. I recently came back once again and feel hooked all over again 8)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Born and Raised in Moonglow!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:54:09 AM »
LOL, great intro!

Restricted status lifted, welcome to ScriptUO.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:23:27 AM »
Thanks for the intro, enjoy the site!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »
now thats a great intro... welcome to scriptuo...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:38:06 AM »
Hah, love that intro!  Welcome.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Casho

• Activity:
    0%
  • Casho has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:51:46 PM »
sticky that intro!!!  thx for taking the time to really say hello.  that was above and beyond my expectations

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »
Great intro, reminds me of my daughter.  When she was 6 or 7 i would log on my tamer with my dragon and tell it to follow me, then let her play.  I would recall into the brit pen by the stables in the forest.  She would get such a kick out of walking around the pen trying to tame the goats and cats and dogs with the dragon following her. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »

Offline smokinjoe26

• Activity:
    0%
  • smokinjoe26 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 01:52:25 AM »
Good read.  I will also read this to my son who is now 9 yrs old and loves to play.

Tags: