Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 173433 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:26 AM »
Wow, very cool. The Tokuno spawn is a pretty good test IMO, some heavy hitters in there.

Enjoying reading about your testing!
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2016, 08:23:13 AM »
Nice summary and reading,  thx.

Where did you put all those skill.  Must put all those on Jewlery.  How is your HCI and DCI?  You must have it on the armour him self.
- 120 swords
- 120 tact
- 110 anat
- 100 necro (for vamp form)
- 110 healing
- 120 music
- 120 provo

What was your skill for the last test.   curious to see the Focus attack.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2016, 10:42:35 AM »
+1
I have 50 skill on the jewels, 20 using mark of travesty in the head slot and 10 tactics on the talisman(soldier's medal) for a total of 800. The hardest part was the jewels and making sure I hit at least 100 real skill for each skill slot due to how the "extra" bonus is applied at 100 skill or above. example: Tactics at 80 real + 40 from items = 120 but the damage bonus for being at 100 skill or above does NOT get added so 100 real + 20 from items does more damage. It might take a while to find the perfect jewels, expect to pay a fortune on them. You also need to have 260 max stats to hit 150 str and cap speed @ only 15% SSI(zero on wep) with a double axe, 230 won't cut it. Naked 125 Str, 123 Dex, 12 int works. With suit aim for 150 str, 180 stam, 60-70 mana and 15% SSI on armor/jewels. If you can't hit that drop stam to 150 and go for 35% SSI or just accept a 1.5 swing speed and dump the extra stam into mana for a bigger pool.

DAMAGE: There are two things to remember, all damage is based on these two factors. Fall short in either and you will not do max damage.

#1 - Base weapon damage + skill modifiers + DI on items all raise the damage total you see in your status bar, the cap is 4x base damage. ie: a double axe with a minimum base damage of 15 can only be made to hit for 60 min damage with modifiers, skills and item DI.

#2 - Multipliers: Abilities like enemy of one and slayer mods etc can combine for a 300% (3x) damage boost. That damage boost is applied to the BASE weapon damage. example: my double axe with skill modifiers and DI on items is at 60 min damage so when 300% multiplier is applied that becomes 180 min damage. You never see hits that big because all creatures resist some of the damage but you can come close on some monsters if you reduce their defense, target their weakness etc.

If you do not hit the 4x base damage via skill modifiers and DI on items then the 300% multiplier will not allow you to reach max damage no matter what skills you choose! Look at your weapon's BASE damage and make sure your damage is 4x that when you equip it BEFORE casting any spells or abilities that would boost it(CW, EoO etc). Simple enough? 4x base damage + 300% damage bonus = two separate things you need to cap.

EXTRA damage: Assuming you hit the 4x base damage from skill modifiers and DI on items AND you hit the 300% damage multiplier via slayers or abilities then there is still a way to increase total damage output further. Poisoning for example, poison ticks are extra damage and increase your total output a bit. Provoke skill is another example, you do your damage and the damage done by other creatures is extra. Poison would be better on single targets and provoke requires multiple targets so you need to consider playstyle too.

Hidden damage: If you get all of the above worked out, which is no small task since it all decides what you put on your weapons, you can increase the damage more by reducing resistance to your output. If you don't have SSI on the weapon you can have HLD, for example. All of the damage output in the world doesn't matter if you can't hit or if it's resisted at a high rate. If you can work it out so that you hit caps without a slayer or SSI(or even DI) then you can add more hit properties for greater effect. HLD is one such property that is nice to have. Focus attack makes it better.

Skill modifiers: Anatomy, Lumberjack, tactics and base strength all boost damage, you need enough of these combined with your suit's total DI(100% max) to hit 4x base weapon damage. To test if you've got enough look at your weapon's base damage, equip it and see if you have 4x that in the damage box of your status bar without anything else being cast or used.

edit: my HCI is 45% and my DCI is currently 40%(I have 75% phys resist due to enhancements which lowers DCI). I'm aware of the bushido parry dynamics and the argument that you need to DCI, or very little to combat Chiv effects, but without Parry you need more.

It's all actually really fun, if not extremely expensive, to test. I'm finding that it's actually best to work on your suit to hit the 4x base damage before figuring out how you want to hit the 300% bonus cap from your abilities, slayer etc. There are a LOT of skill combo's and slayer type effects that allow you to hit the 300% cap so you might do well to focus on which combo gives you the most hidden damage for your playstyle. If you didn't hit the 4x base damage from suit DI + skill modifiers then you can't hit max damage, even with the 300% bonus. Considering ALL of the above it seems to come back to tamers being top of the food chain since they don't need much defense on their suits and so can focus on getting the most from everything else.

Tamer/bard should, theoretically, be capable of causing the most damage to a single enemy if other creatures are nearby. Tamer with range attack and bushido or chiv should top charts on single target fights and anything with whirlwind should top charts where there are multiple enemies. That's for PvM, PvP is an entirely different beast.

I'd love to hear opinions on how I could improve champ spawn results further. Right now I'm trying to see if I can switch to Halberd for my whirlwind and use focus attack as single target, the SS of 4.0 is a challenge but the base damage output is interesting, 18-19 vs 15-17 on the double axe. That converts into 72-76 base damage vs 60-68 on the double axe. Factor in the 300% bonus and you're looking at 216-228 damage per swing vs 180-204 on the double axe, a 20% increased min damage per swing. I'm not sure I can shoehorn enough SS on there via suit stam and would have to add SSI to the weapon to hit 1.5 SS. Is that worth losing a hit effect? Not sure yet.

If it can be pulled off it would be badass(and look badass). With the right mods vs boss you'd be doing double strike damage each hit, and getting double strike leech, without using double strike.

I'm starting to think that a "sampy" build was simply easier to reach max damage with by people who didn't understand all the intricacies but there are many possible ways to do the same damage without a sampy build, and those are much less expensive.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:45:19 AM by Gemviper »

Offline savestheyday

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • savestheyday has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2016, 03:58:03 AM »
Gemviper:

Any updates on how your testing is going?  Your posts are so detailed and informative!  As a newly returning veteran I'm living vicariously through your reports and learning a TON.

Thanks!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2016, 03:30:33 AM »
I shelved my Sampire, I found that UO devs are onto the template and was always running into problems. I found it also took extreme gear to maximize and it was limiting in playstyle.

OK, OK, and I got distracted by my idoc thief... so much fun!

Offline Aurorsar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Aurorsar has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »
great info .. i need to try this out

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
  • Black Widow has no influence.
  • Well Hello there....Skippy
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2018, 06:51:12 AM »
My Swords Samp has also been shelved for a while. I have several different templates, never had a whammy....
Was wondering which weapon type has the most success at Fel spawns..
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw
And behold a white horse...
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him....

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2018, 07:08:16 AM »
FOr me a Whammy is good for single monster.   I still use my sampire alot., not that the tamer have a few new option aswell.

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
  • Black Widow has no influence.
  • Well Hello there....Skippy
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2018, 02:54:24 PM »
Thanks Ghost...
I think I'm ready to start pvping again.. I need to feel out the market for a good pot chugger and heal script though...
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw
And behold a white horse...
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him....

Offline valen2.0

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • valen2.0 has no influence.
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2018, 05:42:54 AM »
Godricks tends to do well in pvp.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2022, 05:54:34 AM »
+1
Finally found a topic I can contribute some knowledge.  After a 15 year break and having to start fresh I needed to make gold. I made a tamer because thats what you did 15 years ago. Then I started watching videos and reading on the samps.

Samp stands for Spending All My Platinum

As you guys relook at your samps there seems to be 2 schools of though on a few things. I will put short answers here. 

Solo Champ Spawn Samp:
120 Swords / Tactics / Parry / Bushido / Resist / gm Necro 80 Chiv

I accomplished this with crafting ring/bracelet with +15 resist/parry giving me the 60 extra pts.
Bad thing you lose 4 slots on jewelry.

You want a minimum of 180 stam and 30 ssi. So to add these mods you will want the tinker legs and the shoulders from the current deciet event to get 10 ssi from both. Then you only need 10 ssi on 1 piece of jewelry.

Minimum is 45 HCI 100% DMG 30% SSI (with 180 stam) <20 or >35 DCI (google this) as much LMC as possible (over 30 gets really expensive)

You want to accomplish all the above without using your weapon. Reason being if you do not have SSI or dmg on weapon you can add much more powerful mods.

If you need DMG + ssi on weap you can imbue this:
Mana leech
life leech
Stam leech
SSI
Dmg

With max damage you can make:
Mana leech
life leech
stam leech
Slayer
Dmg or ssi

Without dmg or ssi you can make
mana leech
stam leech
life leech
Slayer (or lightning/harm)
hit area (amazing in spawns)

I have to run to work tonight I will list my suit and how/why i did what i did. Currently I can solo and spawn in 30-40 min except Rikki i can clear to him quick but he is a pain in the ass to solo and takes forever.   

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2022, 07:50:59 AM »
I'm glad to see some action in this old thread!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2022, 11:24:40 AM »
Baldielocks has posted about doing Rikki solo in about 20 minutes with his best around 17 or a little less. He focused on counter attack and low DCI. I think he also has double slayer (weapon + talisman). If you haven’t tried those options you definitely should.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2022, 01:36:06 PM »
Baldielocks has posted about doing Rikki solo in about 20 minutes with his best around 17 or a little less. He focused on counter attack and low DCI. I think he also has double slayer (weapon + talisman). If you haven’t tried those options you definitely should.

Doing rikki solo is possible, I have done it once. its a hit and run fight. There are samps made to sit and tank, unlike the build I posted above you would have healing and anatomy for a tank samp. The reason I dont do it is exactly what you said boss takes 17-30 min when in that time I can complete a whole undead/rat/deamon spawn. 

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2022, 01:37:44 PM »
+1
we do have a decent dressed tank samp in my guild if we get time ill pop rikki and see how his build does and report results.

The template I speced out was solo start to finish speed champ spawns

Tags: