Author Topic: Does any know of a GM detection routine??  (Read 16074 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Does any know of a GM detection routine??
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
Funny and yes if it came down to a good test i would page on myself from a second client.  It would be a trial acct scripting so it wouldn't matter to me.  Or i would have a friend page and then take a picture of the journal.

My favorite advice of all time was to reply in a foreign language... haha

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
This is so easy...

Code: [Select]
finditem #GM
  if #findCnt > 0
    gosub EEEEEK
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »
if someone has the chat start from their journal i would love a quick post of it. cause i can honestly say in the years i have played i have only been spanked twice by GM's.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »
Mine is useless for you since the last one I captured was like 5 years ago.  We had that info at uocoders, but we know where that is now....

This is so easy...

finditem #GM
  if #findCnt > 0
    gosub EEEEEK

ROFL.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:54:31 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 11:35:38 AM »
I would love to get a good GM Detection Script.  I try and run one miner 24/7 and have been popped once, but not for mining.  I was running OMG's Taming Script and of course someone must have gotten pissed that I was taming all of the bulls all night long and paged on me.  I want to run a second miner since Granite now stacks and is so much easier to store...if I mine Ore and Stone on a Miner, it takes a lot  longer to get as many ingots as if mining only for ore, so I want to start a second miner...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »
This is a very basic loop that should detect the GM chat in your journal.  You will still have to make your own routine/loop for when the GM actually starts talking.  I would run a loop that just keeps playing a sound.  I haven't tested it or nothing and just wrote it up but I don't think anything else will trigger it since there's no possible way to get the characters "[GM][" as the first 5 characters in your journal.

You could probably test it using the SysMessage command though to stimulate a GM chat.  Here's a link on how that works: http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php/Event_SysMessage

set %lastindex #JINDEX

_loop:
if #JINDEX > %lastindex
   {
   set %temp #JINDEX
   for %a %lastindex %temp
      {
      scanjournal %a
      str mid #JOURNAL 0 5
      if #STRRES = [GM][
         {
         ;ROUTINE HERE
         }
      }
   set %lastindex %temp
   }
goto _loop

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hrafn has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 10:05:33 AM »
Hmmm... i dont have balls enough to try to make a GM conversation. What i would like is to recall to safety, say "Ciao" and logg out as fast as possible :) Or would you get banned if you logged out and not responded correctly?

I got paged many years ago while training stealing (while i slept) and woke up with my char in jail, that was a sobering experience, didnt dare macro for ages after that.

How are the rules (and more interesting the praxis) now: I read somewhere that you get banned and loose your account if you are caught scripting unattended? Others say that EA is so afraid to loose more of the paying player base that only professional violators (duping and so on) get banned?

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »
I have been spanked soo many times by GMS it is ridiculous, I run 99% of my scripts totally unattended and haven't totally tweaked out how I want my GM detector to work (a tweaked version of EN's origional).  Anyways being almost totally unattended I have been banned quite a few times.  In fact I probably a 48 or 72 hour ban once very couple of months for unattended macroing, if they are going to ever ban anyone permanently it would have to definitally be for much more than scripting.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 10:31:30 AM »
I am really curious as to how a GM might respond if I were to reply to him in a diff language.....that might have to be a potential test :)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »
Now a GM will ask you about what you're wearing usually.  In most cases it's always been about your robe if you're wearing one.  I know all my friends lately they ask about the robe, such as mine did lol.

They usually give you a few minutes to respond.  So you can make it play a sound on your computer, but turn off other sounds.  Crank your volume up so it wakes you up or lets you know incase you're in another room lol.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »
I sleep with my headphones near my bed LOL!  I only needed to address it once but it wakes me up.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
I sleep with my headphones near my bed LOL!  I only needed to address it once but it wakes me up.

Nerd. :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »
LOL I have to be a nerd about it when the acct has two marks on it  :(

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
YES!

I know I need a great 'GM Detection Script'.  If I don't run my miner while I sleep, then I will have withdrawl symptoms all day long the following morning.  Mining has to be the most mundane and most repetitive skills in the whole game.  Recently,  EA finally came thru with their promise to have all of the different types of Granite stackable.  (Funny thing is that I write an awesome script which seperates out all of the Granite for me and 6 weeks later, Granite is stackable). 

So please,  :'( PLEASE, find it in your hearts to help us poor fanatic Miners and Fisherman help to fulfill their cravings at their repeatitive and boring tasks!

ORACLE
 ;D

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline hashak

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • hashak has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 05:57:39 AM »
This is very interesting discusion. I'm GM on biggest Czech(my country) shard. I have to do AFK controls even when i have miners etc.  ;)  with friend we try a lot things to detect GM becouse i'm not only one there 8) If GM unhide itself you'll get beep. But if he will just give your character in to visible list and ask you thats make you very big problem i don't know why but we can't digg up with some great detection  :'( You just have to prey that he'll reveal himself or you are doomed. I'll try to help you with this problem in future becouse i have a lot of work on university  ;)

Tags: