Author Topic: The top 12 reasons I'm liking Notepad++ so far  (Read 51726 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The top 12 reasons I'm liking Notepad++ so far
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2021, 03:30:33 PM »
When you are working on enough diversity of OS, it is nice to have vim/vi for the consistency to keep at least 1 thing the same in your brain! ;)
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2021, 08:03:16 AM »
When you are working on enough diversity of OS, it is nice to have vim/vi for the consistency to keep at least 1 thing the same in your brain! ;)
Computer comedy is when you're entering "vi" commands into Microsoft Notepad.  Kinda makes you feel silly.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2021, 08:11:58 AM »
Computer comedy is when you're entering "vi" commands into Microsoft Notepad.  Kinda makes you feel silly.  ;)
You only do that in Microsoft Notepad?
I have done it in Unix prompts (not really as bad since it blends with history, but it wasn't the reason I was doing it...), DOS-like Command prompts on Windows, HP3k MPE/iX and it's shell, too.

My boss used to have 2 keyboards in front of him (1 for PC, while other was a dumb terminal) - he would type on the wrong one and get frustrated because he was looking at the other screen. I thought... how silly... then later found myself doing the same thing. Multiple keyboards is definitely and old time handicap... ;)
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »
having two keyboard is maybe old handicap, but prevent for flipping screen.      To help me I have a small keyboard  for the second machine,  that let me know if I'm using the right one,  but still sometime get draw to wrong KB  hehe.

Never really get in using  Notepad++   . 

Tags: