Author Topic: 21  (Read 9210 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »
Have you even heard of this movie? Kevin Spacey, Jim Sturgess, Kate Boswell, and a whole slew of others you may or may not have heard of that remind you of existing actors/actresses play MIT students/faculty that develop a card counting system for taking the Vegas blackjack tables to the cleaners.

This was actually a pretty good movie overall. There were little quirks here and there where I felt the dialog was a little contrived and the movie overall had the feeling of some movies that have been done many times before but I found myself fully entertained for the duration. Only a semi-nude scene of Kate from the back and side but it was a PG-13 movie so I'm not sure what I was hoping for :P (yeah, I know... I know).

Man, Kevin Spacey can really put out a child molester vibe can't he?

Definitely worth a watch. It's not at the theater anymore but it should still be a new release at most video rental venues (including RedBox).

I'd like to hear what others think of the system they use and whether or not it is theoretically sound :)

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: 21
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
My GF absolutely loves this movie.  I liked it.  Had some good sequences.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:43:45 PM »
Actually, I'm glad you reviewed it favorably.  I was under the impression from a few people that it was crappy, so I avoided it.  So now I'm looking forward to the TiVo absorbing it. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 11:07:03 AM »
I rented it the other night and really was pretty happy with it.  I also was upset about the kate scene but again it was PG-13 lol.  Overall pretty good movie, I think the biggest disappointment is I thought it was pretty predictable but still entertaining :)

Tags: