Author Topic: Well hello there!  (Read 3223 times)

Offline fenerousTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fenerous has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Well hello there!
« on: April 15, 2015, 02:20:57 AM »
Okay, I'll be up front and honest. I came here because I'm back from a many year break from UO. Apparently you need to convert the .MUL files now for tile based scripting (blah). So I need to make a post in order to get the download link =D

I'm sorry if that's a terrible intro. I'm really just a lone wolf who would never dream of mining by hand again!

thanks >_<
-Fen

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Well hello there!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 02:55:24 AM »
While at times I can be a lonewolf as well, we pride ourselves on our community here at SUO. We have all kinds of scripts which are free to our members but we do ask for at least one good intro before granting access. You never know, you might find that you like our community and wish to be less of a lonewolf here. I suggest reading this by toptwo on why we ask for a good intro: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1683.0

I would then suggest looking at the stickied examples both bad and good, especially the good and give it one more try.  ;)

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:21:58 AM »
Well Said Crisis it not hard Fenerous we all have done it all you have to do is put a little personal info in. Theirs a lot of people here that put a lot of hard work in this site and all the are asking for is 1 good post.
Just glad to have a blast

Offline fenerousTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fenerous has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 03:23:04 AM »
While at times I can be a lonewolf as well, we pride ourselves on our community here at SUO. We have all kinds of scripts which are free to our members but we do ask for at least one good intro before granting access. You never know, you might find that you like our community and wish to be less of a lonewolf here. I suggest reading this by toptwo on why we ask for a good intro: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1683.0

I would then suggest looking at the stickied examples both bad and good, especially the good and give it one more try.  ;)

Challenge accepted!

I started playing UO in early 98' with a high school buddy of mine. Ahh yes, the wonderous days of no tram, monsters spawning in town and everyone was your friend... who wanted to take you outside of town and murder you (sometimes in town, for those of you who do not know. There was no insta killing guards back then, you could out run them).

I joined a small guild and got to work learning the game. There was a guild member that we called Tav. He was a retired farmer and he took an interest in rare collecting. He taught me how to set up my own vendor and hunt for daily up rares. I also wasted SO much time trying for a monthly spawn.

Anywho, as I spent my days stocking and farming for my vendor. My high school buddy was sharpening his blade at the deceit bone wall. *insert Rocky training music here*. As the years went on we both honed our craft. He entered and won many a PvP events. While all I did was get my ass pwned. We would often hunt together, he would be quick with the heals and quicker with the kills. I was only quick with the death. I had became a failure at this game, I was never going to be able to help the group out with hunts.

Many months had past, he was to get married to his in game love, Gwen. He had asked to use my house and my marble tables for the ceremony. I of course agreed. As I say back and watched, I realized something. I didn't fail at all. I had spent so much time learning to gather and resell, that it was MY castle they were getting married at. It was MY marble table that they stood before and gave their vows. I was the King of my land, and my lands name was riches. Anything I wanted was mine. Why hunt myself, when I could hide all the henchmen I wanted? Ahhh, those were the days. Making trades left and right, playing the rares market like the stock market.

Where does this story lead? Well, the years have gone by. We stand here now 16 years later. I have seen my friends I played with exit sosaria. Be it because they found no more monsters to slay, became married, had children, or shuffled off this moral coil and now resting in eternal peace. There is one, oh yes, ONE of my friends that remains. And that is... Coinage. Gold coins stacked so high we can't see over. and I am back, back to reunite with my eternal shiny friend.

And that is why I am here, before you. I am here to reclaim my friend. But I need your assistance. Withing this tome of code lies the answers. The answers I need to gather the resources needed for market.

I wish you all the best in your search for fame, glory, or coins.

-Fen

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 05:01:32 AM »
Much better :)

Restricted status lifted, welcome to ScriptUO!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 06:46:27 AM »
Welcome!

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thank you for the update and don't be a lonewolf, we have a great group of active members here.

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »
Welcome Much better
Just glad to have a blast

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 09:10:45 PM »
Boom!  I don't think you have to worry about mining by hand anymore, not with that intro !  Welcome, please let me know if I can help  ;D

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 08:09:51 AM »
Welcome to scriptuo.... dont be a stranger
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 10:39:33 AM »
Welcome Aboard!