• Reputation Power: 1
  • Montyr has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Montyr
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:12:45 AM »
Hey Guys,

I am Montyr. I first started playing Ultima Online when i was about thirteen (that should have been 1999 i guess) with a free trial on the osi  shards. I was pretty amazed from the first time joining this fascinating world. But since i didn't have much money by then and we still payed for the time we were online continuing there was out of the question. So i started playing on a rp freeshard for several years. Eventually almost everybody there stopped playing over the years so it is not fun anymore now. Some time ago i found another shard and since scripting there was allowed i began to work with easyuo and now openeuo. Yeah and today i found script euo and i think i am going to like it.

Have fun

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: Montyr
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:46:36 AM »
Welcome to the community!! What script did you find that you think your going to like if you do not mind me asking?

Offline MontyrTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 02:39:09 AM »
I messed up the whole last Sentence.  :( Should have been: "Today i found ScriptUO and i think i am going to like it here"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »
Welcome Montyr to ScriptUO!

What freeshard are you playing?

I'm beginning to think there are more players amongst the freeshards than the OSI production shards.

I've never understood how free shards have been 'allowed'. You think Blizzard would allow for WOW freeshards!? Hell no they wouldn't!:P

Anyways Glad you found us here at ScriptUO. Enjoy the site and the community! :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
Welcome to the site.  I am in one of those.phases myself, the everybody left or became inactive so I have too.  It has been a while now.  Who knows if ill kick back up but I still love this site.  Enjoy your stay.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 02:21:10 PM »
Welcome!

Offline MontyrTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 11:28:07 PM »
Vetus Mundus.. Its a mostly german Freeshard. I guess they are allowed cause something went wrong when the rights had been sold. I heard something like that several years ago. Thank you all for the welcoming :)

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 07:17:01 AM »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
You think Blizzard would allow for WOW freeshards!? Hell no they wouldn't!:P

DMCA is their best friend

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/08/the-88-million-server-private-wow-server-op-loses-big/

http://www.gamerlaw.co.uk/2010/12/thoughts-on-wow-glider-appeal.html

It happened There where several WOW freeshards opened in the first year WOW was out but they crushed the operators with Law suits and caused them to close down and destroy all there open source code for the servers.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »
Vetus Mundus.. Its a mostly german Freeshard. I guess they are allowed cause something went wrong when the rights had been sold. I heard something like that several years ago. Thank you all for the welcoming :)
Hello and Welcome Montyr. You play Vetus Mundus? *giggles* that shard was awesome before Lumberman gaved his baby to Admin Kirkas Kuu.. You should be careful about scripting, he is a Scripty when it comes to Scripting.I myself played from end of 2005 until 2010 there, after an ex friend stoled my accounts i complete lost the interest to the shard. But no harming about. Wish you good luck there.

Greetings from Germany -
Crome

Tags: