Author Topic: Talisman Grading Question  (Read 3443 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Talisman Grading Question
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »
When I am doing Quests, especially Heartwood ones, I do not know which Talismans to keep.  I have never understood the numbers.  If someone who knows could enlighten me, I surely would appreciate it.

On talismans which number is important?  The exceptional bonus or the bonus?  And what is the difference? When do I know I should keep or sell it?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Talisman Grading Question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »
I usually keep anything over 25 Normal Bonus.. I'm not sure how it works 100%, but I think it checks your Normal Bonus first then second it checks your Exceptional bonus.... so if you only have 30% normal bonus, but a higher exceptional bonus, if you fail to make the item you obviously fail the exceptional check....

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »
For my use, I want the Exceptional for sure to be High.  If its the success to craft thats high that's great too. but crafting non exceptional and failing to craft and losing some material are the same to me.  I would rather have 80% succes to craft and 100% exceptional then 100% to craft and 80 % exceptional.  you lose material crafting non exceptional, (because you have to toss it, or salvage it) and you lose material failing to craft. so I look for talis that first give me High Exceptional and then I look at the regual craft success chance.  And for grins I throw a few on and double check the numbers, then craft a few items that are harder, (i.e. higher fail rates) and see if one is truly best.  As I feel there is some bugs still in your real chance versus what your crafting gump says there is.
Hopse this helps
Cheers,
  Xander.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »
Meraktus +60% is probably the rarest Talisman in the game. C2 has one...or so he says. He keeps mis-placing it! :P

I got a +59% Meraktus Protection.

All the Slayers and Owned by No Ones are valuable.

Tormented Minotaur Protection and Dread Spider Protection come in handy as well.

The Meraktus though is the holy grail of Talisman's though imnsho.

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »
I'm gonna add that to TM's Looter I use down there.  Question: Even though that is a rare talisman......who even does that Pseudo Champ Spawn?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
Meraktus +60% is probably the rarest Talisman in the game. C2 has one...or so he says. He keeps mis-placing it! :P

I got a +59% Meraktus Protection.

All the Slayers and Owned by No Ones are valuable.

Tormented Minotaur Protection and Dread Spider Protection come in handy as well.

The Meraktus though is the holy grail of Talisman's though imnsho.

Haha, I thought I got that tail to you.  Yes, I had a 60 or still may.

Here is how I have always understood the talis for crafting.  Exceptional bonus is great for filling bods or crafting items where you want to increase your chances of getting an exceptional item.  Normal bonus helps with enhancing but now there is that great 100% guarantee tool.  Those re the ways that I have used the bonuses

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
All depends on How many quests you are doing............. *Tee Hee*

I think Last time I checked I had it set to anything with +25 in either exceptional or normal.... But then after having to sort through them changed it to anything with +25/+25 and anything with +30 in Exceptional.

Slayers are almost too easy to get, I keep a nice stock of Vermin, but haven't looked at the individual slayers for uses.

The Only Oddball in this mixup is I like any 25+ Normal Tinkering Talisman for Crafting Trapped Boxes.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »
usually i keep 25/25 exe and reg together, vermin slayers, and some bandage summoners for my dexxors.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 06:23:18 PM »
I saved all Slayers, any Killers >= 90, Any Skill bonus > 25 I can't remember the if there is anything else...

Tags: