Author Topic: Reforging SSI 40 and Velocity  (Read 6548 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Reforging SSI 40 and Velocity
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »
I am trying to reforge a specific bow that has the following mods: SSI 40, Balanced, Velocity, Hit Spell, and Mana Leech...is this possible? Currently, I am trying with Ash Runic Kits set at Powerful and 2 Names: Haste and Quality. Am I close? Do I even have to use powerful to get only 2 of the above mods added to the bow? My Imbuimg Skill is 120 crafting an exceptional Eleven Composite Bow. Can I get only 2 of the mods togather and only use 1 of the names?

Any help or advice would be appreciated...!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Reforging SSI 40 and Velocity
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 05:25:46 AM »
# 1 Reference info..... Specifically the charts posted by Semmerset tell you what the Reforging Maximum for Various Reforging Runics.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/reforging-how-to.264020/

OK....  here's the confusing part.   As far as I can tell Each Runic (of any type) has a certain numerical Value attached to it lets call this "Reforging points".  When your reforging stuff the various properties use a certain amount of reforging points.  It's definately true that for a given level of Runic say Dull copper Hammer if the hammer rolls 1 property you get less Reforging points than if it rolls 2 propeties.   Beyond that it takes alot of testing to even figure out if various properties have weights like with the imbuing system.  They don't seem to as far as my tests go just because I get things like Mana leech can be Reforged with the exact same values as another item with Mana DRAIN instead of mana leech & when you figuring out the IMBUING weights attached to Mana Drain they are definately different.....

So the best answer I can give you is that according to the charts in that link above you'd need an ASH runic & powerful reforging if you were trying to get ONE of those mods by itself (Velocity 45% / SSI 40%), but trying to get BOTH of them together is a different beast.  I also don't know if Selecting 2 names has any effect on the amount of points you have to work with.  (Powerful definately does... you get a boost )  What I do know is true is that if your doing Ash Runic, 2 names, Powerful & you actually rolls both Velocity / SSI but at a intensity that sux... then a step up in the Runic will provide you with MORE points & thus higher intensity to work with.  The problem is you usually get additional Mods as well which make it LESS likely you get something you like.   Anyway what I would do is jump on Test Center and blow like 1000 Runic charges & look at your results before wasting time / cash in game.

Good luck .

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Reforging SSI 40 and Velocity
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:30:39 AM »
Ash and haste alone will get you 40 SSI.  The best option after is to then imbue for the other options you want and enhance for the extra 10SSI.  If you are looking for something better I'd step up to a yew kit, go haste for the SSI again and quality.  Since you are now looking for more than one mod I'd just be burning the kits hoping beyond hope that you get what you want.

http://www.uoguide.com/Reforging

I found this alot easier to read over Semmerset's info but really little is known about using higher end kits.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: