Author Topic: Do I need to worry?  (Read 2244 times)

Offline KandieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Do I need to worry?
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:11:06 PM »
Your Ultima Online account has been issued a Warning due to violations of our Code of Conduct.  No further action has been taken at this time. The details of the violation are as follows:

GM petition number xxxxxxx
Service Warning for Ultima Online Account: xxxx
Your Ultima Online account has been flagged due to the following violation of the Rules of Conduct.

Violation: Unapproved 3rd Party Program use
Date/Time: 2013-02-15 23:30:48
Shard: xxxxxxxx   Character: xxxxxxx   
Rules of Conduct: 23)    You will not create, use, play on or provide any server emulator or other site where Ultima Online may be played, and you will not post, use or distribute any utilities, applications, emulators or other software tools related to Ultima Online that do not have the express written permission of Electronic Arts to be used with the Service. Information about approved software can be found here.

The Rules of Conduct clearly defines that users of the Ultima Online service are not allowed to use unapproved 3rd party programs. Further information on which approved programs may be used with the Ultima Online service can be found here: https://help.ea.com/article/third-party-programs-approved-for-use-with-uo

This action was necessary due to the severe nature of the offense and the consequential damage on the Ultima Online service. We regret to have had to take this measure, but it is entirely necessary on behalf of protecting the Ultima Online community.

If you feel that this warning is unwarranted, or if you wish to dispute the claims of this email, we ask that you email dispute@ultimaonline.com from the email associated with your account so that they may review any possible discrepancies of this event.

The full Service Rules of Conduct are included below:

I answered the Damn fool and still was told this.........can they now tell if we are using easyuo?  I will be laying low for awhile, but just wanted to know if they have a program out there or if he was pulling my leg.....because about 2 months ago a friend of mine was not scripting and yet a GM pulled him aside and claimed he was.....

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Do I need to worry?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
I got one of these about a month ago...

It was the first time I received 2 separate emails with one stating I was in violation of 3PP.

I wouldn't worry about it Kandie.

Another player paged on you so just do everything you can to stay out of sight of other players and you'll be fine.

I have several marks against several accounts and I've been tossed in jail numerous times on numbers shards.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:37:14 PM »
You should actually write them back and tell them to update the links to their "Approved 3PPs". Since half of them are either no longer functioning, or no longer hosted... GG EA.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline KandieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 08:00:25 AM »
Just  heads up to anyone who plays LS Shard, the person turning ppl in is dreamy aka Dreamy  if she even sees you bank sitting she turns you in as scripting. She has turned in a few ppl already just for sitting at their houses, don't know what crawled up her butt  but she's out to get anyone she can.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »
What a hag, sucks that people like that still try to jerk off with games like that.  Bank sitting, oh my.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: