Author Topic: Perpetual Blackhole...!  (Read 2096 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Perpetual Blackhole...!
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »
Fellow UO Gamers and Scripters,

HARK and Listen Well...

I have been away from the game almost a year and I thought that I would never come back.  The game got boring.  Seemed like I was doing the same thing over and over again.  I did not really have any goals or thought the game had purpose.  In the back of my head there was a little voice calling to me, asking me why I was not playing anymore.  It made me feel guilty about leaving all of my characters on all those shards and abandoning them without an explanation or thought of their very existence.  A couple of days ago, I logged into one of my main accounts and I started playing.  I took a quick inventory and somehow found myself recalling to a Dungeon and battling MOBs.    I looked in my backpack and found a 16th Anniversary Gift Bag and looked thru it.  I went to the Abyss and battling Serpents and started collecting Serpents Eggs (wish there was a Script for this...!)  I went and killed Medusa. I felt a Smile growing on my face and my eyes were twinkling.  I looked at the clock and almost 5 hours had gone by...!  I can't believe that I have been sucked back in again.  Did I come down with something?  Am I sick?   What has happened to me?  I find myself thinking, "Where is my Fisherman?  I need some white SOS Bottles...Lumberjack...I have no wood, I need wood...oh my gosh I need Resources....I can't make anything...Do I still have an Imbuer?  Out comes the Excel Spreadsheet...looking at where all my characters are.  I am wondering does UO have a 'Perpetual Blackhole' built into it, that sucks you back into the game after so many months of not playing for awhile?  I was a beta tester and have played off and on for 15 years; three of my accounts have Transfer Shields...I think that since I have spent so much time playing and it is in-grained into my Life that I just can't "QUIT".  Although, I am not sure that I will be playing this into my 50s, 60s, and 70s.  My guess is that the game, Ultima Online will stop before I do... :o 
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Blackhole...!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:22:16 PM »
WELCOME! A moderator should be by soon to lift your restricted status! Keep at it and one day you'll be a HERO member!
[/roleplaying]

Welcome back :>

o7

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 03:44:57 PM »
WELCOME! A moderator should be by soon to lift your restricted status! Keep at it and one day you'll be a HERO member!
[/roleplaying]

Welcome back :>

o7

That would be awesome...I have long yearned to be a Hero Member (slightly sarcastic roleplaying) or even higher.  I look to the future when one day that I may even be 'Elite', but that is so far off into the future that I may be in Heaven before that even happens...I am content at just being a Member and being accepted by all whom I have made friends here...

Thanks for the welcome back...!
ORACLE

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:03:19 PM »
lol

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »
Welcome back. I have been away for quite some time as well. Hate to admit it but I occasionally think about buying a new rig and start playing again.

Offline krovikan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • krovikan has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 06:57:01 AM »
this made me giggle   ;D

WELCOME
"Quoting Elites/GMods/Admins in your siggys. Smiley" -- TrailMyx

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 02:50:17 PM »
The intention was not to make you "giggle", but after reading it again it did make me laugh.   I just can't believe it.  I am back playing and I am not bored right away.   Firing up some scripts and watching them and participating in the new Invasions...guess I am diving right in, head first...!
ORACLE

Tags: