0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Daeus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: March 26, 2009, 05:40:04 AM »
I recently returned to UO (3 months ago) and am still relearning everything.

I play on OSI - Pacific.

I use EasyUO currently, but after trolling this forum for the last few days and seeing what the community is like I decided to register an account.

My favorite part of UO is the crafting system, though it does need some work.  This is why I use scripts, they're neccessary to defeat some of the more mundane tasks.  I currently have over 5000 BODs, and I just can't bring myself to mine for 4-8 hours a day to be able to start filling the BODs.

Since I just upgraded my computer and got a second monitor, I invested in a second UO account.  Now I can enjoy the game while I have one account mining away with me keeping an eye on it (no unattended here :P ), and hunt with my other account.  It's really made the game more enjoyable.

Daeus
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:23:47 AM by Daeus »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:40:04 AM »
Welcome to the site Daeus and thank you for the thoughtful introduction!  Don't get many of like this one too often.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline DaeusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:46:34 AM »
I prefer not to blend in with the herd.  ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »
I prefer not to blend in with the herd.  ;D

Now if we could just get the herd to blend in with you!!  Taint gonna happen, you're stealthiness is safe!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »
Welcome Daeus!

I'm with you all the way about multiple accounts. It's double the fun! 8)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »
Daeus,

Thanks for actually posting an intro rather than a "I'm doing this because I have to" post.

What scripts are you using for your resource farming? I'm big into the crafting and resource farming myself although I have a special, warm, fuzzy place for t-mappers too.

Welcome to THE site.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »
I've got a fisher/t-mapper I haven't logged onto in a few years, I need to get him rolling again.

Despite how old some of the scripts are I mainly stick to Spewy's Runebook Mining, then S7's Bodfiller to do something with the ore.

I need to figure out how to write a chunk of code to smelt all ore in my bank and then using a bonded packy drag all the ingots from my bank to my house.  I have 16mill stones of ore in there.  :D

Haven't really done any other resource gathering.  I'm gonna look around for something for leather gathering as I need to get my tailoring to 120.

Daeus

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 12:25:48 PM »
Now that you can fill commodity deeds from your house, you don't have to haul piles of things like that.

Look for the Commodity Deed Box in your veteran rewards under Miscellaneous items.

Also, give my fisherman a whirl if you are low on MIBs.  ;)

Freddy has a good leather farmer over at his site.  www.Winuo.org
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
Also, and please let me know if this is not appropriate discussion here TM, there are bugs for moving large quantities of resources between houses or between bankboxes and houses.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 12:43:29 PM »
If it is appropriate to mention it I wouldn't mind hearing how.  As it is, I'm waiting five months for a vet reward to be able to get the commodity deed box. 

I also have to mention I LOVE Guadah's Multiskill Trainer "Super Bob".  I've GMed multiple chars with it, and am currently switching my fencer to a Whammy courtesy of it.   :D

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
Also, and please let me know if this is not appropriate discussion here TM, there are bugs for moving large quantities of resources between houses or between bankboxes and houses.

XII

For that one it's ok.  It's so old and moldy, and since the commodity deed box does basically the same thing, I don't mind in the least.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Line6

• Activity:
    0%
  • Line6 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 10:37:01 AM »
Welcome Daeus!

I'm with you all the way about multiple accounts. It's double the fun! 8)

HaHa, multiple accounts FTW i've got 5 :( i play Siege though so in order to have 5 chars, i have 5 accounts :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »
We seem to be getting alot of Siege players around.  Kewl.  I need to dust off my miner there.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »
So any of you on Pacific?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 09:14:16 AM »
Lots of us are on Pacific.  I have a lovely trammy tower there.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: