Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Compulsive Carpentry Trainer  (Read 9313 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
XIIxOveR's Compulsive Carpentry Trainer
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:17:54 AM »
Code: [Select]
;==================================================
; Script Name: XIIxOveR's Compulsive Carpentry Trainer
; Author: XIIxOveR
; Version: 1.0
; Revision: 05/2014
; Purpose: Train Carpentry
;==================================================
Description:
As with all of my training scripts, I needed to train a skill and wasn't totally happy with my script options so I threw one together. It's not perfect but it did the trick for me! ; Train Carpentry from 0 to GM using resources from a secure in your bank or home. It will pull carpentry tools from the secure if not using tinkering, or even if you just have a ton you want to get rid of before tinkering. If Tinkering, script will create Smoothing Planes and requires you have at least 31 Tinkering skill.

Script includes the 12x RoT Timer for Siege and Mugen.

Instructions:
 1. Put normal wood, iron ingots if tinkering, and Carpentry tools if not tinkering into a secure in your home or bankbox.
 2. If Tinkering, must have at least one Tinker Tool in your characters backpack or in the secure.
 3. If using the bankbox make sure to have it open, your secure must be visible before starting
 4. Hit Play and follow the prompts

Notes:
 1. Tinkering Smoothing Planes requires a minimum of 30.1 Tinkering however the minimum skill will cause you to fail most of the time. Recommend at least 50.
 2. The Boards used counter merely tracks the number of boards dragged into the backpack to be used. It is meant to give a general idea of the number used and will not be exact.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
XIIxOveR's Compulsive Carpentry Trainer 1.0.txt
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: XIIxOveR's Compulsive Carpentry Trainer
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
Kewl, I might give this a whirl this week.  How freeshard compatible do you think this is?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »
Kewl, I might give this a whirl this week.  How freeshard compatible do you think this is?
Good question. The only thing I can think of with freeshard stuff is going to be things like what skill different items will give gains, item types, menu locations - the typical stuff. Hard to tell.

X

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:12:26 PM »
Just finished my fourth GM carpenter in three days lol. Can get addictive...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 01:49:12 PM »
I'll give it a spin on Alexandria this week and we'll see.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 07:58:34 AM »
Thx 12TimesOver for the script. Proud owner of GM carpenter as of today :)
Heres the review :D

I purchased 32.7 skill from a NPC.

Setup with the following options:
  • tinkering: yes (gm)
  • hiding: no
  • !sWait i changed to 15 to avoid 'wait to perform action' messages

Remarks:

1) First time i used the setup i had melisande's axe equipped, targetted the axe in my paperdoll

-> at first it would create crates, filling up the backpack, then the crates would fall to the ground
-> but then it switched to tables and then the gump keeps saying that the backpack is full
-> pauzing and placing the axe in the backpack fixed it, it then starts deleting the items

2) The script has pauzed several times for me telling me i have ran out of wood whilst i had plenty in my secure. I must admit that i have been putting the strain on my internet connection so i highly suspect this to be the reason and not the script :P.

3) Script could probably be made faster. One thing i noticed is the delay between crafting items, it seems to reset the gump instead of using make last? I'm not sure as i have been running this script pretty much unattended :) If you want, i'll investigate this bit further this weekend.

4) Maybe make "Tetsubo" as last item on the way to GM (after making wild staff's). Uses less wood & gives better gains at the end.

Great script :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 08:19:50 AM »
Looks great! Thanks!

I will run this later today and check it out as well!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 10:01:33 AM »
Thanks for the detail Pearls!

• !sWait i changed to 15 to avoid 'wait to perform action' messages
Cool. I had luck with it at 10 on a couple shards but then upped it a little myself on one I trained up with a higher ping.

1) First time i used the setup i had melisande's axe equipped, targetted the axe in my paperdoll

-> at first it would create crates, filling up the backpack, then the crates would fall to the ground
-> but then it switched to tables and then the gump keeps saying that the backpack is full
-> pauzing and placing the axe in the backpack fixed it, it then starts deleting the items
Yeah it wants to have the axe in the backpack. I even have it check the backpack for whatever you choose to make sure it's valid, it must be that the paperdoll qualifies somehow. I'll add this to the instructions.

2) The script has pauzed several times for me telling me i have ran out of wood whilst i had plenty in my secure. I must admit that i have been putting the strain on my internet connection so i highly suspect this to be the reason and not the script :P.
Interesting, I never ran into this myself so keep me posted if you ever duplicate it when you're pretty confident that you should have a good, quick connection.

3) Script could probably be made faster. One thing i noticed is the delay between crafting items, it seems to reset the gump instead of using make last? I'm not sure as i have been running this script pretty much unattended :) If you want, i'll investigate this bit further this weekend.
Hmmm...I do have it using "Make Last" depending on the situation. When I call the Craft sub I pass it the item to make and if that item matches the last item it made then "make Last" is used.

The way I wrote some of the code I went for code stability and efficiency over performance and I toyed around with using RETURN's from my subs a little differently than I have in the past which made for wicked efficient code but it definitely could be quicker. I thought about playing around with the LPC value to see if that would move things along better but never did.

4) Maybe make "Tetsubo" as last item on the way to GM (after making wild staff's). Uses less wood & gives better gains at the end.
I'll take a look!

Thanks for the feedback, when I'm the only person that's used my own script it's quite easy to compensate for these things without noticing that I am. Always good to get outside input!

X

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 10:12:52 PM »
Hi 12 TimesOver,

I tried running this from my bankbox with the bankbox open and it claimed that "Can't find normal wood in your secure. Please put wood in your secure and start again. Script halting!"?  I did not have anything blocking my bankbox or my paper doll.  Am I doing something wrong?

Oracle
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »
Ah,

I figured it out.  I made a Wooden Box and placed  it in my Bankbox and then placed the wood and ingots in there...works...!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 06:52:07 AM »
Still works great! 2 GM carpenters in last 2 days!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 02:20:29 PM »
Still works great! 2 GM carpenters in last 2 days!
Suh-weet! Glad to see this getting some use!!

XII

Tags: