• Reputation Power: 1
  • hjensen has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:07:46 AM »
Hi everyone

Beginner script user. Never used scrips before but figured I'd learn now that I returned to UO after an 8 year hiatus. I've always done PVM before, but have since my comeback started to a little PVP as well. LOL never too old to learn something new eh? I do want to learn how to write scripts but need to learn how to crawl before I can run as far as scripting :-)

Anyways...see some of you around on OSI shards that I am on.

Helldunker

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »
8 years is a long time :) What drew you back to UO? Any idea's on what could be your first script?
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline blazehammer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • blazehammer has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
welcome back  as a avid script user you will find lots of good scripts in the script library

Offline hjensenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • hjensen has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »
Hi,

What mainly drew me back was actually something so simple as the housing part of UO, I haven't seen anything quite like it in any of the other games I looked at. Once I came back...I was like wow so much have changed lol and it was time to put on the newbie shoes again and redo my chars and learn the game all over again. All the new stuff like imbuing, runic reforging and even the added stuff in general crafting....kinda pulled me in and now I am really truly back. Then off course its what UO offers in general game play value where you can actually do a lot of the things in game on your own without needing a large group.

As far as script writing, I am not sure yet but I am thinking somewhere in the crafting area or treasure hunting/fishing but that isn't final as I am not one for trying to reinvent the wheel if someone with way far more experience and skill have already been there so to speak.

Helldunkner

Offline Zythar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Zythar has no influence.
  • Its ZYTHA!
    • View Profile
    • Scripts!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:16:06 PM »
Nice to meet you man! I hope you see you around here a lot & see a script or two from you! Welcome!
You live life a quarter of a mile at a time.

Tags: