Author Topic: heres a question for all of you  (Read 7238 times)

Offline KandieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
heres a question for all of you
« on: June 26, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »
If UO is against scripting and there are people who still turn in scripters, what is the percentage of scripters in UO and if so many people hate scripters why are there a lot of new people joining SUO?  I am just curious......My guess is that 80-90% script in UO.  Would love to hear your thoughts on this :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: heres a question for all of you
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:07:15 AM »
I'd say 75%.  You can also bet that the publicly against scripting actually DO script.  I know this for certain.  When I was a counselor, guess who scripted and knew of many others that did as well.  So when the pius are preaching against scripting they are really only talking for the small minority.  

Diversify your UO investment and come play for free on RebirthUO with us.  :)  I answered question "in person" last Friday evening at Luna bank.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:13:09 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KandieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »
I have often thought of going to a free shard but I have so much on the OSI shards.....and 2 of my friends are collectors......I have 8 accounts and hate paying out so much money for a game.....would be hard to start all over tho :(   and yes I know of a person who scripts and turns in others for scripting cuz he calls them his competition. 

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ultimafreak77 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 03:26:45 AM »
I see people stand in Luna and script all day on one of the most populated OSI shards.. I have thought for awhile that people are reporting less or GM's are investigating less?
The few. The proud. The AFK.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 05:17:33 AM »
I did get call on once diring DOOM drop, because I wasn't answering a question.   Was hard to answer him since I was AFK hehe. But as I seat down the GM pop up and start taking to me. Yes the do come and investigate.  I never get call on for my mules. 

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 06:00:57 AM »
I think it may be more than 75% but that is a fair estimate and some of the biggest complainers are the biggest hypocrites. I personally don't page on scripters, but sometimes if they are stupid obvious I will block their recall locations. I figure if they are so obvious that others will page on them then maybe GM's will monitor the shard more.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 08:52:58 AM »
I don't page on scripters, but I will mess with them ALOT!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »
I am fine with scripters. They keep the economy rolling and provide what people are looking for!

Some should use more common sense.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 02:06:03 PM »
Glad to hear that you guy are fine with scripter because that will be weird.   

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 02:18:11 PM »
Really weird  :o

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
I got pulled into jail for saluting the other day. Was just chilling in my house. *Facepalm*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 04:53:49 PM »
I got pulled into jail for saluting the other day. Was just chilling in my house. *Facepalm*

Let me guess - it was a one finger salute!?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 12:31:03 AM »
More like a 20 Finger salute. Guess they didn't like my army of toons saluting in unison. Thought I was Anti semitic or something.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 06:09:10 AM »
More like a 20 Finger salute. Guess they didn't like my army of toons saluting in unison. Thought I was Anti semitic or something.

LOL  ;D

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 06:46:25 AM »
I have never turned in a scripter ever...     But have had my scripts messed with on numerous occasions.....  One of the funniest script messing was back when Frost-wood was new... I found a frostwood tree literately outside a red Guild House,  thank fully them being red they never called a gm and would just kill me and watch my broken script try to recall for hours.

This lead to my own personal  script Vs red war... I would improve the script they would change their tactics,  eventually it became a 4-7 player attack on my lumberjack...  I developed all kinds of code to respond to the reds the first being wandering healer location, reporting a red death as watching them kill me one time they explained to a new red that they new it was a script because it never reported them, recalling on site of a red, anti poison and healing  and finally  moving on to recalling near the house and stealthing to the tree...     Eventually I won the war... being too hard to kill and when killed came back again in short measure but was alot of fun while it lasted...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: