Author Topic: UO cartographer  (Read 9160 times)

Offline KandieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
UO cartographer
« on: September 18, 2015, 06:49:14 AM »
is there any way to make uo cart work without using usassist?...........I love using that map.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: UO cartographer
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 07:01:23 AM »
is there any way to make uo cart work without using usassist?...........I love using that map.
Hi Kandie.

Yes, I don't use UOAssist but I use Cart just fine. What issue do you have?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 07:04:03 AM »
Sorry to bring bad new, but you need UOA or Razor.  The good new is you don't need to buy UOA to have UOC to work, just start UO with UOA.  

Offline KandieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 07:52:43 AM »
I have uoa  but I wanted to know if there is anyway to run uocart without using uoa.........uo cart loads but just doesn't work, it shows a pic but that's it, and its a pic of luna, not even where I am

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »
I have uoa  but I wanted to know if there is anyway to run uocart without using uoa.........uo cart loads but just doesn't work, it shows a pic but that's it, and its a pic of luna, not even where I am
Well Ghost got me there, I do use Razor. I'm not positive that you MUST have one or the other though, I'm pretty sure I have used it just running client.exe but my memory is pretty bad. I'll have to test tonight when I get home.

On your issue, there is a bug with Cart; that happens to me every time I open it. When it happens you need to manually switch Cart to the correct facet then, once it's showing the right spot, close Cartographer and start it again without closing UO. It should now follow you correctly.

X

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 10:37:21 AM »
Kandie, did you ever have UOC to work.   I'm drawing a blank right now. but ( I'm having this issue on my rebuild machine ) black screen.  Let me sleep on that.

Offline Wiper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wiper has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »
You need uoa to run uocart. But running uocart as a stand alone is not an option. I read their page and they say i t only works with UOA.
12times I do not have the problem you are having mine seems to work find when I start it.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 04:49:25 PM »
You need uoa to run uocart. But running uocart as a stand alone is not an option. I read their page and they say i t only works with UOA.
12times I do not have the problem you are having mine seems to work find when I start it.
You can use Razor instead of UOA. I did confirm that I didn't work without either. The problem I have isn't really a big deal, I have a workaround. But I use Razor, not UOA so it could be a bug related only to that.

X

Offline Wiper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wiper has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 06:03:35 PM »
Yes you are correct I finally decided to try Razor and Yes it does work very well with UO Cart.
my UOcart works straight away it trackme in both right away.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 08:06:08 AM »
Yes you are correct I finally decided to try Razor and Yes it does work very well with UO Cart.
my UOcart works straight away it trackme in both right away.
One thing I've noticed is that Cart works fine if I log in to a character on the same facet as the last time I closed Cart. I haven't figured out much more than that but otherwise it will default to the wrong facet. I've found other people with the same issue, that's where I got the workaround. I pretty much only use it when I tmap since I'm not currently in a guild so not really a big deal.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »
It a razor issue that you appear in the wrong facet specially if you leave in Fel.   You need nee to log on an doff to return to the right facet.    If you are alone is ok, but when u run the UOC it anoying.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:35 AM »
I still use UO-Auto-Map  .. is uocart better ??

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
if only you, UOAM still good for the old land.  if you want all the land then UOC  is better. Plus UOC can be host and we can track friend.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
UOCartographer works great but you do need UOassist or Razor running for it to work. One thing UOCartographer does not do, at least for me, is show player housing on the map. Razor, UOSteam and all other mapping systems I've tried all do not display player housing, except Stealth that causes things to crash if you find too many houses.

Tags: