Author Topic: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer  (Read 83736 times)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2015, 08:49:57 AM »
If you are in a guild on OSI  you can just kill the animal.  no need to release it,  it that faster way.  need magery, eval at GM and some SDI.

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »
Glad to help...  ;)

Offline bluepits

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bluepits has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2016, 03:53:25 AM »
With Maddog saying ok im publish my version of this to be used Some of my friends have it and used it with many Success .
1 must be in  Sanctuary =reason being Gm don't check there and people rarely go there.
2 must be on the west side  by the mountain to start script
3 Added mysticism to Spells Cancel will now cast bombbard
4 This is not attend to be left alone.Do to the ladders u will teleport into danger!
5 If u want to do this afk (not recommend) But u can A place bag balls on ladders or B drag a item to the right of screen and start script This will stop u from tellying!
Here is the link MadDog may even put it under his!
 http://www.filedropper.com/bluepitstaming_1

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »
This script still work good !

Sometimes my character comes out of the pen and can not get in again, not sure if there is a way to fix this ?

Offline Wiper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wiper has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »
if you are using razor turn off the auto opening doors.

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
i fixed problem using bagball.  i used client without assist for the script, i think it was the bull lol.

Offline Timothy4464

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Timothy4464 has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2018, 09:09:34 PM »
Would really like to try this script please. I am new and posted in the new player intro. :D

Offline john_matrix

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • john_matrix has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2020, 01:40:27 PM »
It was my desire to eventually add some other options, such as Melee killing, to the script. I honestly have not had the time to do so because of classes and another major scripting project that I have been working on. Once everything settles down, I will take a look at it and add some things in. If anyone would like to look through and write up a melee sub, I would definitely consider inserting it and giving due credit!
I  cant download it yet, last time i had this scrip, you could write in code where you kill pet to attack instead i think.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2020, 12:05:22 AM »
Restricted Account Holders cannot download anything until they follow the new account rules...!

Too bad that MadDog is not updating this anymore. Watching it, it frequently tries to tame an animal that has already been tame and not releases and kills it. In fact, when every kind on that training level is marked tame then the character just sits there...

Has anyone updated this script?
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2020, 01:34:24 AM »
Looks like the issue stems from the way it handles journal messages while taming. A simple solution would be to use a journal index variable and increment/scanjournal if it is less than the current #jindex. Getting rid of the deletejournal statements in the logic would also be needed.

As it is, if more than 1 message shows up in the journal (the taming messages "I've been looking for a companion like you", or an animal spawns and "You see a ...") the tame success message can be missed. Once the timeout is reached, the journal is cleaned up via deletejournal and you return to try to find the next tame.

A fancier way to restructure the messages would be with something like TM's Advance Journal routines. Then some of the conditions could be combined into the same block for what it does next.

The code is very well structured and clean, so it would not be difficult to make either of those changes.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2020, 11:31:56 AM »
Both great ideas. I will see what I can do to update my copy. Right now I am just keeping an eye on the screen and making sure it does not crash.

If I use TM's Advance Journal Subs -- where would they be placed? After the taming subroutine?

Not sure if I can fix this. The Script crashes after running 5 minutes. Right after he trains an animal, then it pathfinds to the animal as it may have wandered off. Soon as the pathfind message comes up on the screen, it totally crashes by exiting out of the client and the client then has to be reloaded.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:18:01 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2020, 05:41:01 PM »
*sigh* it's been a long time since I've looked at any EUO code so unfortunately I'm not the best one to help anymore! It was always a planned feature to add TM's journal subs into this but never got around before I quit. I'm tempted to re-sub so if I do, I may revisit this, but I'm more than open to having others contribute and I'll update it in the official thread here.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: