Author Topic: Policy change regarding items & mobiles  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Policy change regarding items & mobiles
« on: March 05, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »

Dear Community,

many of you heard it already but iam back working on a huge list of upcoming updates. Within the process again there are a lot of items, that were now solved by the provider (servuo) but previously coded by staff members of our past. Sometimes our code and the way how we store such objects is similar, sometimes total different.

In the past i always tried to find a solution, how our code base could convert items we no longer want in our system into new items. Doing such task means i have to clone the object and develop a way to clean copy and convert values from our old files to new files. We go this way because we want that the provider offers us the latest updates instead of us. Sometimes its almost impossible to convert those object and a simple looking will force me to spend between a couple of hours up to a couple of days. Due the planned upcoming update (still in process of merging\sync\rewriting) about 500 objects appeared to require either being converted or being deleted. So in a worst case it will take me a half year to year to convert all those objects clean. Neither me or our community want to wait this long time, so i want to change our policy for future, how we will handle such issues.

I will delete them all and not let any of them alive!! :p:p

Jokes aside, iam currently in a process of writing a concept how we will handle such cases in future. We will delete old unwanted object but also provide a solution when certain factors are given :

• Player owned Items being unique [x]

• Player owned Items being generic (Runic Craft, Looted)

• Player owned Mobiles [x]

• Wild Mobiles

• Wild Items

Object marked with [x] will be objects we as staff will provide a converter solution in future that will allow player with own interactions to convert items they want to be alive. If they are items we want to get out of our system because of balance, we will provide a way to reward the active exchange. The process will be as followed :

1. Internal preparation to convert or reward for removing certain objects. They will be marked as "Deprecated". So they will be clearly visible & might be findable via easyuo scripts (maybe someone provides a scanner script? ;-))

2. Public announcement together with a patch that allows to convert object into "Converter Deeds" with a deadline of atleast 4 weeks.

3. Internal preparation to delete all items after next patch.

4. Public announcement...

Source: Policy change regarding items & mobiles

Tags: