Author Topic: Freeshard question  (Read 5419 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Freeshard question
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:14:05 AM »
What does it take to start a freeshard?

I would love to make a mirror of OSI, with my personal touch of course, but i don't know how to start or if it's even possible for me since i have extremely limited coding ability.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Freeshard question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:49 AM »
I'd talk with Tidus
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:46:57 AM by gimlet »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:50:09 AM »
We use www.ServUO.com  they have an emulation server that you can install on a server or local computer and then play from there.  It is developed in C# and so you will need an understanding of C# in order to edit scripts and add scripts.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 01:16:25 PM »
I will just use Rebirth,   It like my own server and I h ave someone to fix what does work :)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »
We use www.ServUO.com  they have an emulation server that you can install on a server or local computer and then play from there.  It is developed in C# and so you will need an understanding of C# in order to edit scripts and add scripts.

Thanks!! Sounds out of my league but it could make a fun project on downtime.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »

Thanks!! Sounds out of my league but it could make a fun project on downtime.

If you have interest in Freeshards do try RebirthUO.  Link is on the menu above.  We are always willing to listen to players wants and desires and if it meets a possibility we try to make it a reality.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: