Author Topic: C2's BOD Collector Script  (Read 127886 times)

Offline waggler

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • waggler has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: C2's BOD Collector Script
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
is there anything i can do to adjust  wait times?  the script worked great for me  for a few days  then bugged out constantly  wouldnt even do 1 account cycle..  hangs up logging out. mostly.  does not seem to click the log out.

Offline Peppar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Peppar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
Thanks for a great script :) Works 110% on freeshards also.

To use it on freeshards just add this (Will use Demise here).

For the server you add :

set %S1 Demise

Then you need to find this code :

sub setshard
if %shardname = Atlantic

and change it with :

sub setshard
if %shardname = Demise

And now it works, cant be much easyer ;)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »
Looks like this is operating at 100% since the last time I used it. Whatever changes you made C2 this looks to be working nicely. Clears all the gumps before attempting to collect the BODs which I think what was causing some players to miss certain BODs here and there.

I will be running this quite a bit over the next month on multiple accounts on multiple shards.

Now that it's functioning at 100% Xshard Exchange looks to be doable.

If anyone is interested in Exchanging BODs depending on your shard PM me and we can see if we can work something out for a cross shard exchange.

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »
Looks like this is operating at 100% since the last time I used it. Whatever changes you made C2 this looks to be working nicely. Clears all the gumps before attempting to collect the BODs which I think what was causing some players to miss certain BODs here and there.

I will be running this quite a bit over the next month on multiple accounts on multiple shards.

Now that it's functioning at 100% Xshard Exchange looks to be doable.

If anyone is interested in Exchanging BODs depending on your shard PM me and we can see if we can work something out for a cross shard exchange.

Thank Nobama for providing the feedback and script behaviors to make a fix without using the script.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »
Wait - what did I do?  Am I in trouble again?

:P

Ultima - Q me and remind me and I'll dedicate a day or two of three accounts to collect for you.  I think I owe you the next favor in our on-going exchange.

Offline alonzo104

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alonzo104 has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »
Hello C2 this script is amazing, as most of yours are.  However, occasionally I'm running into an issue I cannot seem to pinpoint.  I'm using this script on the EA servers, and 90% of the time it runs fine.  However sometimes the script seems to get stuck when clicking the logout button.  The cancel or ok box appears to log you out, but it doesn't click on the "ok / accept" button to log the character out.  So the script essentially pauses w/ the logout gump open and doesn't move.  I've tried assisting the script by clicking the OK - causes the char to log out - but it then just sits on the login screen.  So I tried the other way, clicking cancel to see if it would catch itself up, it doesn't appear to work that way either, character just sits idle.  I've tried adjusting the wait times to see if that was an issue, but that didn't fix it either. 

I'm using W7, and when UO runs I have it run in basic mode, turn off all of windows extra fancyness which I know can sometimes cause the client to lockup and cause the script to miss its command.

If there is any other information I can supply you with please let me know.  Thanks again for the great script, but I'd like to help make it PERFECT!! heh

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
Hello C2 this script is amazing, as most of yours are.  However, occasionally I'm running into an issue I cannot seem to pinpoint.  I'm using this script on the EA servers, and 90% of the time it runs fine.  However sometimes the script seems to get stuck when clicking the logout button.  The cancel or ok box appears to log you out, but it doesn't click on the "ok / accept" button to log the character out.  So the script essentially pauses w/ the logout gump open and doesn't move.  I've tried assisting the script by clicking the OK - causes the char to log out - but it then just sits on the login screen.  So I tried the other way, clicking cancel to see if it would catch itself up, it doesn't appear to work that way either, character just sits idle.  I've tried adjusting the wait times to see if that was an issue, but that didn't fix it either. 

I'm using W7, and when UO runs I have it run in basic mode, turn off all of windows extra fancyness which I know can sometimes cause the client to lockup and cause the script to miss its command.

If there is any other information I can supply you with please let me know.  Thanks again for the great script, but I'd like to help make it PERFECT!! heh

hehe, well i haven't used this script in about three years.  I appreciate your feedback that includes where the issue happens.  i tried to put an extra check in for the yes/no gump clearing.  let me know if it works.  this should handle a miss due to lag or whatever might be hitting it.  it will look for up to 15 more seconds if needed in case it misses.  try version c

Offline alonzo104

• Activity:
    0%
  • alonzo104 has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2011, 09:09:39 AM »

hehe, well i haven't used this script in about three years.  I appreciate your feedback that includes where the issue happens.  i tried to put an extra check in for the yes/no gump clearing.  let me know if it works.  this should handle a miss due to lag or whatever might be hitting it.  it will look for up to 15 more seconds if needed in case it misses.  try version c

Thanks for the quick response.  I will set this up later this evening and see if it corrects the issues.  I will report back here soon.  Thanks C2!

Offline brute89

• Activity:
    0%
  • brute89 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:15 PM »
Great script C2, I've been using it for a couple of days and I love it. It's so much faster than the recall gatherers and much more reliable. However, I've been having two issues that seem to keep popping up. One in eight sets of runs seem to get the issue of not logging out and character will just sit there trying to get his bods again for one hour. The second issue is that every so often the eighth of ninth character will get stuck at connecting and it will never display the you cannot connect window. When this happens I have to restart UO and the script, I'm thinking it may be an issue of logging to quickly on so many characters. I'm running fourteen characters per run, it may be something my OSI clone server set up. Thank you very much for your script, I'm really enjoying it.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2011, 07:05:20 AM »
I am getting a hang at log out.  I am trying to isolate what is happening, but I believe it is trying to log out.  The yes/no gump is up and the script is in a wait looking for the username/password page.  I suspect that it is something opening after the Yes/No gump, but before the script clicks log out, but I am not sure. 

Odd thing is that it consistently stops on the same toon until I move gumps.  I suspect that it is a late opening gump from the desktop and that adding a gump position to the re-open routine might fix it if a wait doesn't, but I am not sure yet. 

I am throwing a wait 40 at the beginning of the logout sub to see if it will solve the problem. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
I am getting a hang at log out.  I am trying to isolate what is happening, but I believe it is trying to log out.  The yes/no gump is up and the script is in a wait looking for the username/password page.  I suspect that it is something opening after the Yes/No gump, but before the script clicks log out, but I am not sure. 

Odd thing is that it consistently stops on the same toon until I move gumps.  I suspect that it is a late opening gump from the desktop and that adding a gump position to the re-open routine might fix it if a wait doesn't, but I am not sure yet. 

I am throwing a wait 40 at the beginning of the logout sub to see if it will solve the problem. 

Did they change the gump recently?  That log out sub has worked for ever.  We are talking years without a problem.  I am going to need help figuring this one out because i no longer use this script and that makes three people all of the sudden having issues.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
I don't think its a gump change because it works for lots of toons, then starts hanging on one.  I am watching it to see what is happening, but I suspect its something popping after the logout gump is called and before it gets clicked.  I have not seen it since I put a 2 second wait at the front end of the logout sub, but I will report back.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2011, 01:20:27 AM »
I put in a command to close all gumps just before logging out, so I don't get the random gump pop ups at the wrong time.  I also added a 2 second delay.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
the two second delay on the log out sub seems to be fixing the problem for me.

I will run it some more and report back.

-Mario Andretti

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »
interesting.  i didnt think any gumps can pop up and cover the yes no gump.  let me know where to stick that wait

Tags: