Author Topic: C2's BOD Collector Script  (Read 127525 times)

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: C2's BOD Collector Script
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2011, 06:07:40 AM »
Great script!  I ran this last night when I went to bed using 3 account and 4 characters.  Each had 7 bods when I got up this morning.  Love it!!  I was hoping that I would be able to incorporate my 120 smith into the mix, but when the script logged him in and it said he wasn't able to get another bod for 206 minutes it would stop.  After taking him out of the rotation it worked perfectly.

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »
Yeah, at 120 it is quite a different timer.  I could certainly add individual times but that is too much work and will confuse a lot of folks.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »
Just wanted to tell you guys that #findrep is back to 7 in version 202... Apparently that was an issue in 200/201...

cheers

neo
Sweet because in had not changed it yet.  Now I will take that off today's must do list

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »
If this has been already suggested - sorry.

I was currently logging in 8 toons for BODS (each login takes less than a min - about 45 secs) I am thing about changing the wait time to 60 mins - (45 secs/60)(#of characters)

Should save about 5 or 6 mins per cycle (i would get an exact number and add in a small safety margin).

What do you guys think?

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2011, 02:56:00 AM »
If this has been already suggested - sorry.

I was currently logging in 8 toons for BODS (each login takes less than a min - about 45 secs) I am thing about changing the wait time to 60 mins - (45 secs/60)(#of characters)

Should save about 5 or 6 mins per cycle (i would get an exact number and add in a small safety margin).

What do you guys think?

How many additional bods per character do you estimate that will earn you each day?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2011, 05:53:29 AM »
at only 5 mins - in 12 hours you can do 13 instead of 12

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
C2,

When you are running this script with 20-30 toons accross multiple accounts you lose a lot of time by waiting to reset the timer until you cycle through all of your toons. My current setup cycles 36 toons and takes about 40 minutes. 

I looked at the code and noticed that you have the "gosub time_set_4next line after all of the gosub's for each toon.  I am going to experiment with moving that up until after the 2nd toon gosub and will report back what happens.  Unless something screws up, I expect it to increase the number of BODs I get in a day. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2011, 02:26:56 PM »
C2,

When you are running this script with 20-30 toons accross multiple accounts you lose a lot of time by waiting to reset the timer until you cycle through all of your toons. My current setup cycles 36 toons and takes about 40 minutes.  

I looked at the code and noticed that you have the "gosub time_set_4next line after all of the gosub's for each toon.  I am going to experiment with moving that up until after the 2nd toon gosub and will report back what happens.  Unless something screws up, I expect it to increase the number of BODs I get in a day.  

i use to run it after the second or third guy to do just what yo are talking about.  for teh masses though, it was easier to leave as is to prevent mass confusion.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:57:21 PM by _C2_ »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2011, 02:36:48 PM »
Cool, then I am probably reading it right.  I am watching it run and I timed some of the toons.  When its not lagging it bangs through them in about 30 seconds.  Its actually going a lot faster than I thought, but I ought to pick up an extra run in every three or four this way. 

I have run it for multiple shards and many toons and it really runs great. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »
It took 22 minutes to cycle through all of my guys just getting smith deeds.  When the menue reset the "Next run in" timer on the menue rest to 60 minutes, but the Next Run Time deducted 21 minutes and rest for 40 minutes from the end of the run. I won't be able to wait around to see which is triggering the run.  I am guessing its running of the right timer. I will try to watch tomorrow, or I will look over the code to confirm when I have time.

-Mario Andretti

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
oh that sux!  with these changes, it looks like i need to make some timer adjustments soon.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2012, 08:49:57 PM »
It 6 hours to get news BOD, so if you use ur 6hr times and only get 3 BOD that should work.   I just return from Holiday and reading about all the change. 

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
Yeah, I won't be able to fuss with this anytime soon.  I'll be out of town for a bit but I am wondering:
Do you ust the content menu once and all three bods fall in you pack or do you have to click collect three times if you wait the 18 hours to get thm all in one shot?

Does someone want to post the ne timers and how receiving the bods may differ

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:47 AM »
You get a new bod Every 6 hours to a max of 3 bods in 18 hours, after 18 hours you need to ask and select to receive the 3 separate new bods one at a time.

Lol its made me put 0.1 blacksmith on all my characters lol.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2012, 06:17:34 AM »
It's not any different at all.  At most, you'd want a new feature (checkbox?) when the script starts to indicate yes/no whether it has been 18 hours since your last collection attempt.  If yes, then the script collects BODs three times instead of once.

Alternatively, if your script users only intend to run it every 18 hours themselves, they can just search for the line:

gosub collectsmith

and add two duplicate lines below it.  I just tested it myself and it works fine.  

;)

EDIT:  What we really need is a Bribery script to scan a whole book of BODs and bribe NPCs to upgrade the ones that we want.  Hmm....idea brewing...

Tags: